Evolve Carbon GT Battery Mods with 50+ Cells

I seen a few people on the forum do this and always heard 10s5p would fit. @hyperion1 I think has done this perhaps. I remember somebody drilled new holes for the heatsink and moved the evolve esc back a bit.

3 Likes

Yes, everyone calls the CarbonGT “Gen 2” when it’s actually Gen3

The photos above are the Gen2 deck, which people call Gen1 LoLz

The Gen 2 easily holds 60 cells and 70 fit in there if you try.

The Gen3 CarbonGT, not so much

5 Likes

Now things are starting to piece together. So the ones everyone is riding these days and sending in to get modded are actually the gen3.

4 Likes

https://pelicanbayinnovations.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fdiy-carbon-gt-50-cell-battery-upgrade

4 Likes

@longhairedboy is it now possible to do a Gen3 (Carbon GT) deck with 50 cells using two of the new MakerX Mini FOC? Should be plenty of room for a BMS in there with these tiny ESCs.

Of course you’d have to shitcan the Evolve ESC but that’s not a huge loss. Might cost more…

3 Likes

you can always go the camel hump style like @Arzamenable

1 Like

In have a 10S5P in my carbon GT with a unity. I used a heatsink spacer to provide some breathing room, but it’s definitely doable.

1 Like

Pictures pls?

Yea sure. Mod’d this past winter.

8 Likes

The heatsink spacer - is that 3D Printed or can you buy it from someone?

probably, you’d still need to drop the ESCs with a riser on the heatsink, but with the tiny bmses it could be possible.

edit: clearly it is lol

2 Likes

Thats a nice job he did there. 70 cells tho…
@Jaydawg56 nice work bro.

2 Likes

It’s 3D printed, but at the time of purchase I didn’t have my printer. The dude cells them pretty cheap on eBay.

3 Likes

I’ve done it before, you need to drill holes on the heatsink to move the esc forward more on the stock

1 Like

Yea I’ve seen that done. It’s a really tight fit! More so than I was comfortable with so the spacer worked well. Then I went full DIY so wasn’t sure about how much room I would need for the new esc

1 Like

Yeah it was much more of a tight fit than a fill DIY, done a couple CGT builds with a 12s4p and unity, the spacer helped out tremendously

Quick question. I’m 10S5P atm, thought about going 12S4P… my batts are VTC6 (15a cont, 30a Max per cell). Think I’d see a gain enough to overlook the loss in range?

1 Like

Fuck yes. The difference between 10s and 12s is ridiculous. You go from having a nice easy board to one that tries to kill you and once you do it you will never want a 10s build again.

Its all about the watts about the watts no treble

I’m day drinking.

6 Likes

so much truth. 12S is Exhilarating

5 Likes