Evolve Bamboo One series deck, trucks and Enclosure | dual Focboxes | dual TB 6355's 190kv | 12s1p 8ah Lipo

Hello DIY Community,

This my second build I have completed. The first being a DIY trampa with E-toxx spur gear drive.
What I have built is what I think the Evolve Bamboo One series should have been. I have not pushed the limits of the board as of yet but damn its fun.
I am in no way good at this DIY stuff. I just like to mess about.

Parts:

• Evolve Bamboo One series Deck, Evolve trucks and Enclosure
  • 2x TB 6355’s 190kv
  • Motor mounts to adapt from the Evolve trucks to 6355 motors courtesy of @danieloath
  • 2x Motor and wheel pulleys from @danieloath
  • 12s1p 8ah Lipo (3x4s1p 8ah zippy lipos from hobbyking)
  • D140 charge only 12s BMS
  • Evolve test urethane spacer thanks to @Schulerbible
  • 2.4ghz mini remote
  • flier 300a antispark
  • 2x original Focboxes

Setup in FOC it is silent as with a smooth acceleration curve and a gentle break curve

Open to any feedback, criticism and/or questions

IMG_20190706_170055|282x500

10 Likes

Cool upgrade

2 Likes

Thanks, I really liked the deck so i figured an upgrade was in order hahahaha

1 Like

I can suggest one over upgrade that might really make you feel a difference.
Get some new wheels like tb110 74a or evolves new gtr branded 97mm.
Those focboxes are goiung to have a fun time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
The One deck is so cool with the little kick-tale. Does it work still with all that weight on the back?

2 Likes

With the three battery packs up front it seems to balance out the board … Sort of. Its still heavy AF so using the kick tale is difficult lol.
I have the Evolve 97’s at home that i got a while back. The TB110’s were suggested to me by some of the local DIYers in Sydney so I might give them a crack after the 97’s fall apart lol

2 Likes

Can you please give me a bit more information regarding the Enclosure you are using. It would be great in case something like that is available in EU.

1 Like

The enclosure is the stock Bamboo GT enclosure paired with a 20mm test spacer that was provided to me by @Schulerbible. He made the spacer out of polyurethane for his build and he was kind enough to give me the test spacer he initially made. All up it makes the enclosure about 50mm deep which allows me to sit the LiPo batteries in there with the BMS sitting on top.

1 Like

That is nice idea, I like it. I have similar setup regarding the batteries and this is the best option I have seen so far that works out of the box.Hopefully someone will be selling that enclosure soon :smiley:
What is the plan regarding the BMS (are you bypassing the discharge)?

The BMS is a charge only unit. You can get a charge/discharge D140 as well but I didn’t know about them until after I completed the build. Also I had a spare BMS from my DIY trampa build so i figured i could use it in this board.

1 Like

What kind of distance/speed do you get with these batteries?

With the 8ah battery pack. I can get about 25km’s with sensible riding. 20km’s tops, with hills
Ideally, the board was meant as a travel board, however that never came to fruition due to Covid lol.