Evolve 5065 vs 6355?

So I’ve looked through the forum for a discussion like this but I couldn’t really find one.

Planning to diy/rebuild an Esk8 with evolve bones (deck, supercarve trucks). Should I go with stock dual 5065 motors or transition to 6355 or 6374 motors? Any advantages or disadvantages of both? I’ve heard 5065 lack power and torque for a real Esk8 but not entirely sure…

It’ll be running on a 30q 10s4p Battery with at wheels most of the time.

Appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

1 Like

10s4p battery can take 6355 or 6374 motors no problem. All depends whichc specs you want to get there. The bigger the motor, the more current you can push, the more power you get. With bigger motors increases also the weight. As I said. Depends what you are looking for.

1 Like

Yeah, looking for a lot of power, but also a decent 15-20 mile range

1 Like

bigger motor doens’t mean less efficiency or more consuption. That goes in your settings. If you live in hilly place and wants a lot of power then grab at least 6355 or better 6374 and gear the motor more towards torque or speed based on what you need.

3 Likes

Doing a similar thing. 190kV 6374s with 10s5p on a Carbon GT. I figured a bit of overhead on the motors isn’t a bad thing, kV depending on whether you want torque or speed.

1 Like

A friend of mine has a 12s6p in his Evolve with the 7" AT Tyres and he still uses the original evolve 5065 motors and it’s fine, they have alot of power. Oh there’s a pair of focboxes in there too

2 Likes

Current draw on the original 1500W motors is pretty limited on 12s though :confused:

haha but that’s not true, his battery max is on 80A and so are his motors

The Racerstar 5065 are good motors (albeit extremely low power) but have weak sensors. Definitely run them unsensored if you use them. I also recommend running all motors unsensored, but these seem exceptionally susceptible to moisture/contamination damage. But the motors themselves are good if you don’t use the sensors :+1:

6355 will obviously be better but sometimes smaller, lighter, and cheaper is better depending on your needs. The main reason I prefer 6355 is for fitting on narrow trucks.

5 Likes

I just did this. I just put the Flipsky 6354 190kv motors in place of my Racerstar 5065 200kv motors. Same gear ratio same settings (Unity).
Differences: board is a little bit heavier, low end torque is better. Range I haven’t tested yet. Watts per mile has increased.
But the biggest is the motors are much cooler.
I live on a steep hill and my Racerstar motors would be hot to the touch when I got home.
The Flipsky’s are warm. I can hold on to them.
I used a handheld :thermometer:to record the differences and it was big.
If your using the Evolve stock electronics keep the 5065’s.
My other board is a Evolve Gtx stock electronics on AT’s with a 10s5p Vtc6 pack, And it does fine.

2 Likes

P = V x I :man_shrugging:

Some people just want to see the world burn. Which is ok!

EDIT: I would love to have these anti-lag-system-like spitting flames out of my motors when going full throttle!

Run the 5065s since you have them. They’ll get the job done even if they run a little hot. Upgrade when they melt.

7 Likes

Don’t forget to mention pictures of the melting…

2 Likes

Most motor ratings are just a random number, after the karting track his motors weren’t hot at all, they were just a little warm but nothing crazy.

1 Like

Physics also are just random numbers. But they’re right.

2 Likes

Hey guys

This maybe an off-topic…
Can I keep the Evolve stock electronics and replace them with a larger motor like the 63xx?
As far as I know, the only easy replacement is the Racerstar.

1 Like

Except for lower temperature I do not thing you will notice that much. You need higher current rating ti appreciate a bigger motor. Plus you gain weight. Don’t know what a stick evolve pushes but I would be surprise if they set more than 20A battery and 35A motor

3 Likes

One thing is for sure, the 6355’s are more than enough motor. No need for 6374’s. I’m about 230 with all my gear on and 6355 x 2 rips me up hills with almost no effort. With the proper gearing 6355’s are plenty of motor for most people.

7 Likes

If I do a single 6355, do you think I will be able to go uphill at 20mph?

Yes, absolutely. Might take the whole hill to get up to 20mph, but you can probably do it no problem.

Now ask if you’ll be able to stop going down a hill at 20mph :crazy_face:

Because you probably will. But you’ll be pushing it to limits. A single 6355 is enough to get around just fine. (Probably not on Evolve electronics though) It’s certainly the least-fun arrangement though, I recommend a much larger motor if you’ll go single drive, like a 6384 minimum. A single 6355 has weak brakes.

You can even get around on a single Racerstar (Evolve) 5065, but it’s really, really lame.

2 Likes