Evolution. Landyachtz Evo 39 | Torqueboards 218's | Dual 6374 SK3's 192kv | 97 TB wheels | 12s | Focboxes

I prolly missed it but what p count is your batt?

2 Likes

Also @Dareno what enclosure is that? I know its the eboosted one but theres different variants of the same looking enclosure.
Is it the DS one?

2 Likes

Wow. This is beautiful, nice fucking work!! That battery is massive how many cells is that??
Edit: now I see, looks like a 12s4p? IDK why it looked twice that big in one of those pics lol

3 Likes

@DEEIF its a 12s4p 30q in that one. It was originally earmarked for another deck combo but I ended up putting it in this. I could have got a 5p in there had I designed it from the beginning with some weird cell arrangement but probably not with the big discharge bms. That thing is huge.
@PimpleExpress its a evo 39 ss from eboosted.
@whaddys Thanks tim. It does look big because of the bms. Its a single stack lateral layout pack that was built for flex. Not really necessary in this deck but see above comment to deeif lol

5 Likes

Sweet🤙🏾
I do wonder though, whats the range you usually get out of this beast?

1 Like

Depends how you ride it and where really. I don’t do metr and any of those bluetooth things that give you blue lines on maps. If I was to guess on an easy ride around the coast then probably 20k’s Plenty for me at my ripe old age with fucked knees.

2 Likes

You made me wonder so I went and recorded my range. Riding easy and just cruising around with the occasional silliness its more like 30k’s Thats riding it down to my self imposed level of 20% and was based on a number of rides as opposed to a single long one. I have been teaching the young fella how to ride so we stick to the same route so he can practice and just do circuits and yeah round the 30k mark. Well enough for me.

4 Likes

@Dareno Wish I had read this build before I started mine - love the mount brace! I am going to use this idea.

2 Likes

Theres a thread about how I did it. Very simple hack

1 Like

how close to the ‘can’ do you have to cut?

And sweet build @Dareno any reason you didn’t mount the motors under the deck?
also any skips on this beast I see you’re not running idlers.

2 Likes

Cut the phases with the can off the motors so you have some room to manoeuvre. The og phases are actually just extended windings so don’t cut them too short.

Ask me how I know :grimacing:

Part aesthetics and part practicality. I didn’t want anymore than a 5mm riser and there were some clearance issues with the enclosure. I also did so much playing around with angles only to find it works better with just the decks split angles and 50 degree trucks so angled risers were out too.

Mostly though because it looked better with big old motors hanging out the back

When I was running the 90mm wheels and 36 pulleys I used an idler but with the 110’s and 44 pulleys they weren’t necessary due to the larger diameter pulley. No skips unless you really mash the brakes when coming to a stop but nothing when riding normally at all.

1 Like

seems risky seen people strip them zink screws.
And if i was going to do that Would I basically be soldering alu multi strand to copper?
also If it doesn’t kill your ego how’d you know :rofl:

You’ve convinced me on the rear mount.

I’ll look into idlers x’D

All and all thanks man, Great build you’ve helped me much with this post and all.

1 Like

I just cut the phases on an sk8 stator too short and then completely fucked up the soldering leaving me no room left so thats in a drawer now. I would take @longhairedboy advice and cut a couple of centimetres outside the can then and spread the strands out flat because you need to remove the enamel coating on the og phases or you will not be able to solder to them. Use a combination of a exacto knife and sand paper then lots of flux.

Its laborious but worth it in the end.

good luck with it

1 Like