Everything that makes your ride safe

What kind of lights are these? Are they rechargable? Or do they connect to your battery?

Does anyone have any good recommendations for board lights? I’m leaning towards a set of Shredlights, two on the front, two on the back, one mounted on my helmet. Are they bright enough to provide good visibility in the dark?

2 Likes

if its pitch black they are sufficient to find your way home, but their purpose is definetly just to be seen by others in general

edit: i think mounting those shredlights front and back is a good idea for general traffic where visibility and white / red lights front and back is required imo…
and then put a strong light on your helmet if you need to

2 Likes

I call that “good enough to see a dead body before you run it over”

2 Likes

Right on. I’m aiming for a setup where I am both visible and able to see well. I live close enough to the artic circle that when it gets dark, it stays dark for a long time. On the flipside of that, summer days are long as fuuuuuck so I wont have to worry about it so much then.

Do you have any suggestions for a light setup that will allow me to see a dead body WELL before I run over it? Should I just gorilla tape a 6-cell maglite to the back of one of my gloves?

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07WV599FH/ref=sspa_mw_detail_0

Two of these mounted forward w/a quality cell, hooked to a diff pack, or main pack w/a stepdown. Basically take off the battery housing and wire directly in. Makes it compact and bright as fuck. Get two more for back w/red filters.

If you don’t care about size, just get those, a picatinny mount for them, line with neoprene sheet, then loctite all screws. Mount picatinny male onto board w/inserts or something

1 Like

They connect directly to battery here is a link to another thread where i posted about them the other day.

2 Likes

Are they still waterproof if you do this? I should have mentioned that it gets wet where I live.

Awesome. Great thread. Imma give it a read.

Use some MG chemicals conformal coating on anything electrical and then opaque liquid e-tape in a thin layer as a light finished for peace of mind if you don’t like the idea of looking at bare connections

1 Like

i cant really help with the type of light you want - as much lumen and easy to mount i would say

but definetly put it on the helmet so it automaticly points where you look - the further up the light is, the better the angle to see obstacles

2 Likes

Another question for this thread since my searches haven’t turned up a good answer yet:

Does anyone have any opinions concerning the back-of-the-hand wrist protection found on the Flatland 3D Pro gloves versus a more standard form of wrist protection? Like the type that covers part of the palm and the inside of the wrist. I understand that the Knox pads prevent your hand from catching on the pavement, but I’m wondering if the amount of protection they provide is adequate in a hard fall or if I should just go with some half-puck slide gloves or Triple 8 wrist guards. I loves my wrists.

2 Likes

if youre bored and out of your mind you can solve it the same way i did :joy:

this enables you to slide out on all 4’s doggy style incase of a bail

4 Likes

Is that… a light built into a slide puck??

1 Like

its a flipsky vx1 built into a slide puck :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

attach it with velcro to your glove and you dont have to throw away the remote when you bail and can just slide it off

3 Likes

Absolutely mad. I love it.

3 Likes

no, almost every other biker here has white + red flashy blinking lights at night either on their helmet or their bike

1 Like

yea but red in the front, really? thats kinda dangerous

every vehicle you see in traffic has red lights in the back only, so the next drunk at night doesnt think you go in his direction / ride on his lane

3 Likes

Grabbing a pair, about to measure my A and B in inches :smiley:

For campus riding, I honestly don’t wear anything, no brain bucket, not shit, mainly because I don’t have anywhere to put any gear, and on campus I keep my speed at a max of 10mph, no faster then sprinting speed. For casual riding at a park or something of that sort, I wear only a brain bucket, but I keep my speed at 20mph or below. For spirit riding or commuting at speeds usually topping at 35ish mph I wear a helmet, my motorcycle gloves, and my motorcycle jacket that has shoulder, back and arm plates

I hear the Hoyt Puck has very good Redundancy and connectivity. Got the TPU in red for one of my boards, getting ready to swap out my VX1 for another Hoyt Puck

1 Like