Everything that makes your ride safe

So those don’t get in the way of your remote? I have a set of triple 8 finger less wrist guards, however i was looking for a fingered alternative after slapping my bare fingertips pretty hard during a fall.

1 Like

No they don’t get in the way of the remote. You can even tuck them under the wrist gaurd and have a better grip on the remote.

I wear wrist guards as well. It’s not always easy to hold the remote, really depends on the shape of the remote. They work pretty well with the big gt2b.
I‘m waiting for a set of flatland 3D gloves in hope it’s a bit easier to hold the remote and still get the wrist protection.

https://flatland3d.com/shop/all-products/all-e-skate-accessories/pro-e-skate-glove/

2 Likes

Yeah I’m using a Hoyt Puck…

1 Like

Ennui wrist guards, you can make an incision and pull the metal part out on your remote hand, still offers great wrist protection. Works great with the Hoyt, especially with a little grip tape on the back.

2 Likes

I have these and I just kind of slide the remote into the gap between my palm and the cover. They are awesome, very comfortable. I imagine for “sliding” they probably won’t help, as the edges can probably catch if you fall … luckily, this hasn’t been tested!

Also, I have updated to the D30 Fox Launch Pro elbow and knee guards … So much better, I feel much more protected than the G-Forms. I think the G-Forms are fine, but I feel they be better for lower speeds and such … I feel the hard-caps are much more protective. They do get a little sweaty under there, but those suckers don’t budge!

4 Likes

I have been using my bike helmet for a while and it has even saved me a one point. I had totally forgotten that the foam had cracked in that accident. So I am looking to replace it. People go for super expensive helmets and I could do it too, but given a lower price one doesn’t do it’s job well.

So my question is wouldn’t something like this below do it’s job? Leaving aside the bells and whistles and comfort, what exactly about the safety I should look out for? Some sort of certification? My top speed is around 44km/hr.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m rocking #3 (demon podium) after I took a hard spill while wearing #2 (triple 8).

I honestly love both of them. The triple eight was a bit big on me (not their fault) but saved my… head.

The chin of the podium sticks out a bit further but also has great airflow.

5 Likes

Poc Crane MIPS helmet, Gform elbow & knee pads, Knox Orsa Mx gloves.

1 Like

On my powered board I ride with a TSG Pass and Demon Flexmeter wrists. I need to get some knee pads.

On my analog board I ride a Triple 8 Gotham MIPS with the same wrist protection.

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve fallen off a regular board many times and roll out no sweat but falling off at over 25 and rolling is a broken shoulder. Not a scratch on the hands. Fallen so many times and rolled out with not a scratch on the hands. Elbow and knee just scratched and bit of road rash but knowing how to fall at higher speed,and slide, I think would’ve saved my shoulder. Don’t think there’s much to protect a shoulder other than shoulder pads

Getting a remote with better reception and maybe redundancy. That’s what really fucked me

1 Like

I use to use this helmet untill the strap completely broke on me. Might just be mine.

There pads are really good tho

1 Like

What remote were you using?

1 Like

@Venom121212 The black Demon Podium that you got is with MIPS(reduces rotational concussion to the brain), right? BTW, what size did you get? and the circumference of your forehead?

1 Like

just picked up this helmet for $100 brand new from some dude on craigslist, visibility is great and seems like enough facial protection.

2 Likes

For my Mountainboard I currently use this “setup”:

FOX Protector Jacket
Troy Lee Designs Carbon Helmet (Model D3)
Fox Titan Pro Knee Guards
Oakley Glove (right hand with open thumb)
Wristguard (left hand)
Protector Short (Amazon)

I had the following “crashes”:

Longboard
Crash 1:
I had the first Maytech Remote on this one - I was going quite fast around 40km/h - I was wearing a helmet but other than that I only had a T-shirt and a short on.
The Maytech remote was slipping a bit while I was accelerating so I tried to relocate it with one hand by pushing it down to my hand and then I accidently hit the B Button (dumbest Product Design Ever) which will make the Board do a Fullbreak.

grafik
So you can imagine I was accelerating aorund 40km/h and then a sudden FULL BRAKE - I was flying straight into the air.
Only thing I was thinking while flying was - FUCK FUCK this IS NOT GOOD! :flight_departure: :cold_sweat:
So I was landing directly on my elbows and my knees and I hit the floor around 2-3 times (skipped like a stone over a lake). The Pain was immense.
I had to sit down and recollect all my life decisions up until that point.
Conclusion - a lot of my Tattoos got ruined and I know sport some scars after the accident.
I threw the fucking remote out as it is more than life threatening design and I moved on with my life.

Crash 2:
I was going uphill to test the strength of my 6384S Motor. It was extremely steep. I made it and was quite happy with the result so I went back down again. I used my Motor brake and all of a sudden I hear a sound SNAP SLING :no_good_man::boom::exploding_head:
The Belt broke and I was suddenly going down full speed - The board accelerated so fast that it threw me off and the board wjent down straight and crashed into a wall - luckily there was no car coming.
Had some broken parts on my Landyachtz board that I replaced and a couple of rashes and quite a shock that I can’t trust a belt (at least single belt driven) longboard when going downhill.

Crash 3:
I was going straight - minding my own business around 30km/h. At this time I was still using normal street tirest and there appeared to be a big stone in the middle of the street that made my board stop instantly. However I was keeping the 30km/h for the time I was still in the air until I again fell straight onto my Elbows and Knees (I am kind of a Straight Flying guy) :dizzy:

Crash 4:
Got a speed wobble at around 35km/h… I could jump of and “RUN IT OUT” but almost got injured because of the high running speed I had to keep up with :running_man:

some smaller crashes that are not worth mentioning as well as the usual Mountainboard Crashes (falling on the butt)…

6 Likes

And I have never fallen yet…

3 Likes

So there are ratings for helmets for different kinds of activities. Here’s a screenshot. So from my research bike helmets have weaker ratings(CPSC) for safety when compared to motorcycle ones(DOT FMVSS 218). It seems to be better to go for motorcycle helmets.

Based on that I am going for the one below which has the DOT FMVSS 218 rating. Turns out it’s also cheaper at $41.

or