Build of the Year 2023 Official - Nominations (SERIOUS)

Late to the party but I nominate @Mantas Behemoth XLR. I also want updates.

I’m going to do unspeakable things to mine lol. So it’s nice to see a clean one.

3 Likes

You’re already nominated multiple times for Step-Bro geez! Don’t want much do you? :kissing_heart:

Wheras I’ve been cast aside again :sob: hint, hint :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::pray:

1 Like

Yes this thing is insane!

2 Likes

Wait was your semendeed completed in 2023? I follow your Need 4 Speed thread but I thought it was older than that…

1 Like

Completed in 2023 indeed. Funny enough you were going to nominate it last year but it wasnt finished lol

Well then of course I need to renominate

Definitely an inspiration for where I started with my race boards

6 Likes

Damn I need to go out and take a better picture of the semendeed

Legend!! My first nomination for a BOTY (even if it’s an unofficial BOTY lol).

Thank you, thank you :partying_face::partying_face:

Edit: my pic. Angle to show off my bonnet scoops :rofl:

8 Likes

First and second place will be enough, but I got you pinned for 3rd!

2 Likes

I’m loving the pure chaos of ESUB. Well done, @shadowfax

3 Likes

I’ll get the 3 nominations updated tomorrow.

In the meantime, I’m thinking it might be fun to get some skin in the game.

@Flyboy DMed to share a totally rad and unique prize.

This is just a community based volunteer prize pool.

I’ll add a prize to the prize pool also. Just something of $25 value I’m not using that maybe someone else would be stoked on.

Prize pool donators will be on the hook for mailing items to winners, but I can help coordinate. Low value and just for fun, unique shit is 100% welcome here. Antisink - hell yeah.

PM me with a pic of what you got if you want to participate in The prize pool. Any international winners will likely need to have a supporting international prize donator, so just keep that in mind. This is for fun, but things may not work out perfectly.

Top 3 to 5 will get to pick from the prize pool. I like prize pool selection because people end up choosing things they can use instead of receiving something that might sit on a shelf.

Lmk what you think.

13 Likes

so-it-begins-raining

3 Likes

The journey to not-so-shitty begins lol

3 Likes

This is all starting to feel very… official…

I’ll throw some unobtainium into the prize pool

7 Likes

I’m nominating @Sobrik3t for barrikade v2. This thing is cool!

BARRIKADE: 4WD Hybrid jumper V2 Update

3 Likes

Adding a note to rules about prize pool.

ANYONE can win SHITTY BOTY. In order to receive pick from the prize pool, you must be a forum regular. If you end up in the top 5 - you get bragging rights, but you don’t get a pick from the prize pool if you haven’t logged in and participated in the community regularly. Who decides? I’m chairman, but there is a secret cabal that is consulted.

2 Likes

@ShutterShock nomming you for Inazuma.

Inazuma 稲妻: Raceboard Phase Two - RE44 | BNAT | 3-Links | 18s6p | SKP SOLO - DIY Builds

it was fun seeing Inazuma come together while I was building my red ember 44 build - loud zoomi boi

@glyphiks
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+ - Find & Share on GIPHY

5 Likes

My build of 2023 submission :

• Keeps giving me random errors.
  • Gears are very noisy.
  • Free roll is terrible.
  • Absolutely sensorless little thing.
  • Very shitty little short board.
13 Likes

Thanks! I’ll post up a picture tonight - I liked seeing yours come together too, you gonna bring it to esk8con? (if you’re coming)

You’re forgetting that it is a constant money pit and always requires your attention

1 Like

Yep I’m coming to esk8con and the loud zoomi boi will be coming too. It’s mega fun and dialed in right now. The only thing I might add is a foot strap up front

2 Likes