Evan's Builds - Dremelseed, Nazare rebuild, Jaws rebuild

A few more things on the demonseed build

Countersunk hardware because i hate inserts and love the security of nylocks.

Carving out the deck with grip tape. I had to rotate the motors by hand because when i spun them the grip tape ripped and flew off immediately.

6 Likes

Part of me thought people were trolling when they said you could carve out the deck using the motors. I guess it makes sense, that’s awesome.

4 Likes

Bruhhhh, yaazzzz!! Im really glad that enclosure went to good use, build looks gorgeous man :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes it feels like a car is following you

2 Likes

Missed the opportunity to call this the “DemonJizz” build. Jus saying.

1 Like

I really didn’t tho… it’s JemonDizz inspired by @glyphiks Semendeed

4 Likes

I have started a demonseed naming revolution. I am proud.

3 Likes

1 Like

Oh Christ - who cares what the builds are or even if they work at all. With names like that they’re total winners.

Winners ya fools - not Wieners

11/10 for both of you @Shadowfax @glyphiks

3 Likes

I have a new build in the works. A second Lacroix :joy:.

Naming this one ultraviolence because it’s built for max torque. High voltage, 5.5 gear ratio, 151kv modors.

The story with this board is I bought it from the same guy who sold me my first lacroix (the one with a dead battery). Big surprise, his naz ss had battery issues and he didn’t want to pay for a replacement battery. I got this board for a good deal with the understanding that the battery needs replacement.

First up - rewire charging to avoid the lacroix sentinel. I’ve heard from multiple people now that the sentinel can cause charging issues on the 18s boards. I’ll also be building a new battery.

Next:

• 5:5 steel straight cuts and hypertruck adapters are on the way from mr @Boardnamics
  • reacher 151kv arriving today from @KaramQ
  • stormcore 100d+ . I could not resist the red-hot unobtanium need when I saw this. Thanks @Skyart

Also:

• metr (have one in hand but have not confirmed if it works yet)
  • Davega (I think I have all the parts for this)
  • sell falcon drives and lacroix rims
  • sell jawzare when this board is complete. Keep straight cut gears on that for sale, or revert to belt?

Anyway that’s it. New board - stoked!

5 Likes

Awww yeah

1 Like

I installed a davega today (thank you @Skyart).

I routed out the bottom of the lacroix deck with a dremel, ran the cable, amd filled it with kitchen silicone glue that will dry clear.

This is a davega x 1.0 so I needed to update the firmware by connecting it to my mac to firmware 5.1. That was seamless. Thank you @janpom

I picked up a stormcore 100D+ so that I can run the davega and a metr. The side uart port on the stormie is 4 pin and only has 5v, but luckily that is what the davega x 1.0 requires.

I updated the 100D+ to 5.3 and it seems like things are working ok. I did run into some vesc bugs with PPM mapping and can vesc loading. I also didnt initially detect halls on one motor that definitely has them and works fine…. so I’m a little worried there is some fuckery going on.

I ended up doing ppm setup with freesk8 and that worked great. Thanks @DerelictRobot

This is my first davega and honestly it seems pretty fucking rad. I’m going to update and program it all tonight but I’m happy with how the install went.

15 Likes

I tested out the falcon drives and they seem pretty nice. They are quiet and smooth. Freeroll is ok. Ripping around the neighborhood clocked in at 26wh/mile.

I don’t like the 4.2 ratio on them and overall I think bn drives made several better design choices. I also don’t need to go 40mph+, so I’m swapping these out for 5.5 straight cuts.

I disassembled them the other night to put them up for sale.

Ti axles uwu.

Hyperrims are a pain in the ass to get tires off.

Saying adios to hyperrims, falcon drives, 130kv motors.

The bench

Rrrrreeeeeeerrrrrreeeeee

Also, I lost like 5 titanium enclosure screws on a ride, so that’s cool

4 Likes

I’ve seriously considered running the BN drives open like that lol (or at least partially like that).

1 Like

I thought about that but then someone pointed out you have the big bearing in the case as well.

1 Like

Right but shouldn’t the wheel and axle nut plus spacers push everything up in alignment, is that other bearing just a way to enclose it all…. :thinking: questions….

1 Like

The case bearing holds the rotating part that screws into the adapter, so i assume you would destroy the inner bearing much faster if you didnt use the case.

1 Like

I had a marathon build weekend. Like 20+ hours working on 2 of my 3 boards. But I got done everything I wanted to.

• 5.5 boardnamic straight cuts on hypertrucks are on. One of the 89 tooth gears was too big for case and the other one was terrifyingly close to the edge. Dremel time. Apart from the currently questionable battery, this board is almost done.

@longhairedboy can i please get a re-tag? “dremel Evan” - @glyphiks

• Demonseed got a makeover. @zero_ads let me borrow his Hoyt 5” wheels and bn270’s to see what would work well on the demonseed. I can’t wait to test ride these and see how everything feels. I got the wheels to work with my bn220 hangers and there’s no chance of wheelbite with the paris plates.

• the stages of denial over how much needed to come off the demonseed:

7 Likes

I feel like the demonseed build needs to be named DremelSeed

6 Likes

It shall be done

4 Likes