(EU) New 12S8P, any connectors

[EU] 12S8P, not even a single cycle on the cells

It uses Samsung 30T which are cheaper and have less capacity but more current output than P42A. It even outputs more amps continuously than P45B while reaching the same temperature. It has been tested up to 50 amps but I’m sure that would sag beyond usable limits.
Using Batemo for cell data, the 30T do 3.09Ah and P42A do 3.82Ah. Discharge at 35 amps per cell would be 280 total battery amps (12.4kW @ nominal V), max rated charge 32 amps and 24Ah.

Connected with 8P precut nickel welded with kweld and either 8awg or copper braid. I can include whatever discharge/charge leads or even panel mount+antispark XT90. Can include Daly charge only bms but it would limit charging to 8 amps/400 watts.

I’m not sure how much it’s worth but I wouldn’t mind keeping it and using it myself.
600 (EUR):

Images

If you’re selling/offering a battery build, you really need to show other work you’ve done so a buyer knows what they’re getting. I’d be surprised if anyone was interested without seeing if you know what a 2024 battery should look like and be built like.

That said, GLWS!

2 Likes

Thank you that makes loads of sense. It Is tricky because I’m not actually the one welding the pack.

I’m really flexible but would do it differently for myself vs if I were selling primarily because I want to charge weirdly and bastardise in another 2P.

I’ll wrap groups in fish paper and put it together like it would be sold and gauge-interest then.

2 Likes

This thread smells weird.

Why not just sell the bare cells?

2 Likes

It started with having an extra set of nickel and a built pack is worth more and it would go towards another battery. I should have just waited until I had an actually built pack this is silly my bad.

Not entirely true. Building the pack could seriously depreciate the value of the cells.

I would venture to say that in more cases than not, building it depreciates the value. Unless you are a known, top-tier builder, with documented and proven designs.

I got these from Nkon for over €1.1 a piece (not reclaimed or rusted or an old batch) and accidentally have extra nickel etc and time to build a pack. The cheapest 12S8P probably costs more than €100. My cheap VESCs aren’t going to max out 8P of even 50S or P42A and range is good.

Smelly thread :thinking: