[EU] gauging interest Maytech 6374 170kv

Its gonna end up over $100/motor with the current shipping climate and thats without reshipping :frowning:

3 Likes

Someone interested in hosting this GB?
Maybe @Anubis?

1 Like

sadly shipping is gonna be a lot

probably 300$ for 20 motors

then customs and a vat
then shipping to you

probably 100$ per motors

I dont think its worth it. I could run it but i dont think its worth it.

1 Like

Shame because those FS motors are probably going to end up causing many headaches. :sweat_smile: Buy cheap…

2 Likes

I’m actually pretty optimistic about the flipsky motors. Hell, they’re not even cheap, they’re about the same price as an SK3 and based on flipsky’s recent products (Ever since the VX1) they’ve actually been coming out with decent products. Although it has followed the tired old formula of “send out a bad product, get feedback and then sell the actual good one”

Only time will tell though. Maytechs are pretty well proven, but the GB price would likely end up being well over $100 after re-shipping which isn’t worth it when you can get the most up to date one for like £10 more shipped from ranglebox

2 Likes

@Zach you know what to do. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

How much are a pair flippers from your GB?

Maytechs are somewhere around $200 for a pair?
SK3s with upgrades right now is probably similar. Even remember the first one where it might have been like $160 for a pair…

1 Like

The FS motors retail at I think about $95 each so about the same entry as SK3s, but their bulk price is in the $50-60 range (I think? the prices in the GB include reshipping and I think it works out around 65/motor)

100 per motor is doable, just know there are no margins for yourself (source: myself). Also heavily depends on postage. When I did it, postage was acceptable, averaging 20 per person for 2 motors (insured). This was from Malta, through a service that just used DPD.
This was also pre-covid, where the postage system was less, uh, troubled

I actually want to do another EU GB again soon, so if anyone has any requests, pm me! We’ll see about getting the ball rolling

1 Like

Wanna check how much sk3s are at the moment?

I’d be up for some 6396 motors eu, would be nice to mix match motor sizes but won’t fun for the guy dealing with everything

2 Likes

Usually I make a small loss per order in group buys then make the money back selling overstock in my store, so its kinda a win win :smiley: The VX1/VX2 GB was pretty big too, the motor group buy is quite a lot bigger though I think the invoicing total is over 6k

@moon the last time I asked it was $57.70 8mm keyway’d shaft 190kv. I don’t think it would have changed much but the MOQ is quite high especially for a GB right after doing a flipsky GB

3 Likes

Wow thats a great price. Almost a nobrainer.Only thing really wrong with the SK3s is the shaft

Well I can run it, MOQ I got them down to was 50pcs. I could fund that outwright so I would be comfortable running it but again I don’t know how many people will be left looking for motors after the FS GB. Its long-term but maybe we run a GB on a lighter thing before the sk3s so the shipping costs come down over time and its cheaper. (Maytech superfoc? idk)

1 Like

I think most people are jumping on some cheap focers. Turnaround is quite quick, community based with a lot of hardwork has gone into it

How many motors did you get from flippers?

1 Like

100 :sweat_smile:
(I PM’d the cheap FOCer guy asking if there was a way to respectfully stock them permenantly in my store. Its his project so I don’t want to just come in and commercialize it without him having control over the sale of it so its up to him if anything happens, and I think we’d be able to keep it at the same $30 GB price with some scale)

4 Likes

This would then be 91,9$ per motor plus maybe customs plus reshipping

1 Like

Customs will end up being a min of 10% depending on what you declare it so your at 100 then reshipping would put it to 110 at least