EU: CNC aluminum heatsink upgrade for Meepo Hurricane (or anything else)!

I wanted to try and design a heatsink, that would fit my Meepo Hurricane carbon fiber deck. This was the first time I encountered Solidworks, but with the help of my engineering friend I quickly became familiar with the basics and managed to design something I’m proud of! I found a shop and had it made and the result is (to me) awesome! More pics included at the bottom.

I wanted to have the heatsink fully on the outside, so as to not take any precious space inside the enclosure (Aftermarket ESC’s are larger). I also wanted to have it large and with many fins, to have the best heat conductivity.

I now have the option to make more if you guys would also want to have some. I could remove the slots that are specific to the Hurricane deck. I might be able to remove the curvature on the bottom as well. I could do option 1 or 2 as in the pic below. The very large surface area draws heat away very well, so if you’re having issues with ESC’s heating up a lot this might help! My Stormcore configured at 75A per side from battery and 100A per side for motor heats to a max of [TBA]°C. I will test today. Ambient temp is 22°C.

They are not anodised, but I could look into the cost of doing that. Just raw at the moment.

All the pics:

I was thinking 40€ + shipping from Slovenia.

12 Likes

u know i want 1 already :wink:

3 Likes

If interested please shoot a DM and note if you’d want it without the slots and flat. @frame excluded, I know already. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

How are you getting the milling work done so cheaply? Im jealous haha.

3 Likes

I’m not sure, first time doing this :smiley: Is the price good for the product, I might assume? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very. I paid 90 bucks for a spintend ubox heatsink, so your price is very competitive. Other quotes i looked up were quite high too.

2 Likes

It’s gotta be the location, I’m amazed too

Maybe I’ll outsource machining to slovenia lmao

3 Likes

You should and have a heatsink made for the DV6. Haven’t been able to find one that fits the bolt pattern.

I’ve got stuff in works :smirk:

2 Likes

Did a test to see the temps:

Ambient temp: 23°C
Max ESC temp: 50.4°C
Max motors temp: 73.5°C
Max motor current: 100.29
Max current_in: 53.84 ( Shouldn’t this go up to 75, if I have 75 max bat current set in VESC? )
Max current_in_setup: 89.1 ( Is this current from bat? )

1 Like

Does anyone want one with a different bolt pattern or flat and without slits (non Hurricane deck compatible) ? I’ve had 3 interested in the Hurricane version so far. Price is 40€ + shipping from Slovenia.

I was also thinking of making alu stitches, x thingys and flat alu “risers” (to attach gopro mounts onto) and precision washers. Anyone interested in those?

Right now it’s all raw aluminum, anodizing is kind of expensive. If there is a lot of interest, I could invest some more and have parts anodized. Right now I’d rather not.

1 Like

I want one! I got the Hurricane recently and would be down! I’m assuming you are saying 40 pounds right? I’m in America.

1 Like

Also what forms of payment are you taking paypal?

1 Like

50EUR. I’ll message you about payment options soon.

EDITED PRICE TO 50 (was 40 before).

hello friend, any chance you’re still selling these and have some left? (ubox)

1 Like

Slovenian Pounds FTW

I am! I will DM you.

1 Like

I am machining another small batch, because there was some interest again. I have 3 more to sell if anyone wants.
Heatsink - 50€
Mounting hardware - 5€
Shipping - 10€ within EU, otherwise 15€.