Eskate 3wheels go to 4wheels proto

I believe so. I actually learned about marquetry with veneer.

Not sure where else to put this but it seems relevant:
Could a focbox power a 80xx motor or bigger and have decent power as a single drive without burning out quickly? What about using wider belts, like 20, 25 mm?
How big a rear wheel should you use to ensure good grip vs. speed, especially when turning?
This build thread is giving me ideas…

2 Likes

Je pourrais utiliser une ceinture plus large,je suis en 15 mais je pourrais passer en 20,ma poulie ar me le permet. Pour l’instant j’ai testé un moteur 6374 et un 6354 sur un mountainboard mais pas encore sur le 3 roues. Je pense que je changerai la roue arrière pour une plus large plus tard.Je pense que vous pouvez trouver votre bonheur et faire le montage avec un moteur plus puissant.

1 Like

Much experimentation is needed.

1 Like

Check out what @speedboard has been doing with his focbox. Hes got an 80100 pushing that focbox real hard, lol :beer:

DUAL FSESC6.6 BIG vs DUAL FSESC6.6 PLUS?

2 Likes

I just had a look through the speedboards thread.

Looks like he tortured the shit the out of it and somehow it survived. My main takeaway from it is that he put it on a pretty beefy heatsink, not just the the stock one.
I see maytech have a couple of 68xx motors, maybe those would work well enough if you’re not doing anything too crazy. (Although if you aren’t then what’s the point?)

2 Likes

I’ve been using the OG FOCBOX on my speedboard prototype with a Torque Boards 6380 motor. I’ve got it geared for a 30 mph top speed, it’s great in most situations, but depending on your weight it may overheat on hills. It may work better with an 80mm motor, because it should require less current to provide the same torque, but you definitely won’t be able to fully utilize that motor. I’ll be upgrading because it definitely won’t give me what I want. I’ve got the Maytech 200A and Flipsky 200A VESCs on their way.

4 Likes

The prototype has a 6380 170 kV Torque Boards motor. I’m 190 lbs, and I regularly overheat the FOCBOX on hills. I’m upgrading to a 80100 with 200A VESC for the next prototype. I’m going to test the Maytech 6396 motor as well. If you’re gearing to below 30 mph, or you weigh less, the OG FOCBOX is great. I’ve abused the shit out of mine and it just keeps going. I just want to be able to rid up anything, so I need more current.

5 Likes

I think 30 mph will be enough for me, and I weigh about 67 kg, so it sounds like the focbox will be enough for now.

Good to know. I have a couple of focboxes on the way for a different project when I found this and thought to switch. Seems a shame to waste them so I guess I’ll start with an underpowered 80xx.
Are you planning on testing any others besides the 6396?

1 Like

I just received the 6396, and I have an 80100 on the way. I considered testing the Maytech 8085 and the Flipsky 8085, but if I’m making room for an 80XX motor I might as well go straight to 80100. At 130 kV it gives me more gearing options as well. Plus, the 10mm shaft that extends out both ends could make a great pivot for rear suspension…

I am talking to the company that makes the Hoyt motors and hopefully will figure out a motor configuration from them that I can test which would be smaller, but they have super high power density.

2 Likes

En attendant de pouvoir faire la batterie. Je me suis attaqué au boitier.en bois bien sur :+1::grin:

5 Likes

J’aime la façon dont tu as incorporé le moteur.une idée qui me servira peut etre pour un futur montage.
Aujourd’hui…peinture

2 Likes

Premier tests avec le moteur 6354 mais pas top.du coup j’ai monté le 6374 130kv pour tester demain.
J’ai aussi rajouté du grip transparent et je pense devoir utiliser une fixation pour le pied avant.
Bientôt la vidéo…
En attendant dernière photo avec moteur 3200w

3 Likes

6 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Comme promis premiers tests video
1 Like

Il vous faut une soudeur!
1 Like

are those battery holders?
Your cells might vibrate out.
What amps are those holders rated at?

1 Like

Les supports sont très serrés et le cache empêche les piles de bouger.
Déjà réalisé se montage, sur une autre planche et rien n’a bougé