Esk8supply direct drive Group Buy of 3-6 people USA (elofty direct drives)

That was fast, we already have 4 signups! :slight_smile:
At this rate, we can get 6 people relatively soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh wow, if more than 6 people sign up and you don’t feel like doing more. I can ship individually for $20 extra

3 Likes

If you want end up building one for yourself, try running the motors with our esc. It should be very smooth :wink:

3 Likes

Can you take the tires off the hubs of the airless AT?

Ignore me, I see they are kegal cores. I can’t read again :sweat_smile:

1 Like

How’re we looking with the GB? I’m super excited to get this rolling haha.

1 Like

We’re still at 4 signups. Tag/pm/pester those who are on the fence! :wink:
Cheap DD, cant go wrong with a simple mid range build!

2 Likes

I’m really surprised that there aren’t more people!

I’m debating about getting a second set so I can get a 4WD setup. That said, idk what the benefits to 4 are over 2. Also 4WD on a short 30" board seems a little overkill

2 Likes

@kook
Weren’t you looking for some adapters?

2 Likes

I am very interested. How well will this work with hobbywing esc and 10s3p battery. I am currently riding a riptide r1. @murdomeek

3 Likes

Yes!!! I do want 2 maybe 4 ABEC wheel adapters, are these sized for original ABEC wheels or clones (sizes vary considerably.)

and maybe another 58kV drive system to go 4wd… but this is troublesome for me. I’d like to know exactly what we are getting for the price… on option 1 direct-drive is this the entire truck including baseplate and bushings, king pin, etc. or just the drives, axle, and kegle adapter?

I would need the entire truck/drive assembly.

@Esk8supply ???

3 Likes

Have done exactly this, and might do it again. It works very well from a control perspective, but it won’t blow your doors off with the performance.

3 Likes

Hobbywing esc are more difficult to pair, as they are usually programmed for a specific set of motor.
Have you got those parts already?
If not, check out our 12s battery and es controller (customizable and hobbywing style remote)
Www.esk8supply.shop

They are designed for foamies, so abec.
You will be getting the whole drive assembled :+1:

Which hw esc? The ones designed for hubs?

1 Like

Yeah, specifically the Meepo Classic one with matching remote. But do note that I don’t use sensors and kick start religiously, so expect some light cogging on start if you don’t.

2 Likes

Ah I see, do you know what amps the esc is limited to?

Something very sad. 24a, I believe. I’ll try the 40A hub version when it shows up eventually, but neither are a real threat to your ESC or a VESC.

For my transport rig, it works fine.

3 Likes

I tooled around on a 30amp version for a while, while not earth-shattering in performance it was a fun no-nonsense easy-peasy solution. I’d never had even tried it except for @BillGordon’s prior science.

Then I moved off in other directions, still for a first build, or a bulletproof commuter it was pretty convenient!

3 Likes

Yeah, the picture in the first post shows you’d get the entire drive assembly and kegle adapters :slight_smile:
(front trucks, base plate, dual king pin, bushings, nuts, etc)

1 Like

@surfnacho @kook

If you both sign up on the signup sheet, that should be 6 sets! :slight_smile:

3 Likes