ESK8CON 2024 - Vegas April 5th-7th

If anyone was using Racebox during the race and would be willing to share the data so that we can check and learn someting, I have created this online folder.

Esk8Con 2024

I shared mine exports (quali, heat1, heat2, finals) in the .rcz format for Racechrono app. If you have just Racebox data you can export only that and I will try to convert.

Also shared the Esk8Con track for the Racechrono including my splits. I was using this extensively during the practice to figure out my current pace. Usually you are meeting traffic so you will not get any usable lap time, but you are able to go fast sector from time to time. In the Racechrono you can see the optimal lap consisting of the best sectors so you are able to figure out your potential lap time.

4 Likes

I will later upload the video with synced timing for my data aswell.

So was the track crazy slick compared to last year ? Curious how there were so DKP and stock boards beating so many stooge boards. Obv rider skill always helps but BRP wheels usually have a crazy advantage in grip.

1 Like

crazy crazy slippy

it got better but it was still a drift track

almost all brps were slimmed down with a razor blad to help with grip :joy:

4 Likes

Ah yeah it looked extra black in the videos, figured chip seal. And that shit lasts years.

I know Morgan had bought tire warmers I’m sure that helped a lot with getting the BRP to optimal temp.

3 Likes

It was most definitely a drift track. Morgan was saying he would no doubt hit low 40s in lap time if it hadn’t been for the surface, since that’s what he was hitting in practice.

1 Like

fuck

if you start feeling sick stay in…

3 Likes

The 125 x 80mm urethane MAD wheel will be ready for sale this summer.

7 Likes

Joint project between Stooge, MAD and Meepo. A few sets of prototypes were on the Meepo race boards at ESK8con. Tuned by Moe and raced successfully.

Meepo will be using a version with a short hanger for their high end production boards.

MAD will be selling a version with the 15.5" hanger. Hopefully all the aluminum parts will be black to match the MAD tubeless wheels.

Both versions should be ready for primetime by summer!

11 Likes

I couldn’t figure out how to upload via browser so here’s a couple

Poast OpenTrack on 07-04-2024 11-34.vbo (1.4 MB)
JimmyT Open Track on 06-04-2024 12-59.vbo (3.3 MB)

1 Like

MadKreepo

2 Likes

Suck it nerd

2 Likes
15 Likes

I went back to a square setup of all wides by the finals, and so did Mario. Only at the beginning was it hard to fire up the tires.

9 Likes

Yeah, I arrived with LandSurf V2 which on a normal heated track is also like going on rails, but here I was just constantly loosing rear and had to tiptoe on the edge to make it work and not spin out. Definitiely suprised about that one. I have heard they painted the surface during last year so it was not really a real asphalt.

1 Like

Tiptoeing is an excellent word for how it felt out there haha

2 Likes

It felt kinda like an indoor track with outdoor conditions :rofl:

3 Likes

Import VBO into Racechrono worked fine :slight_smile:

Did some quick comparison for poasttoast data with my best freeride lap (very close to optimal for me) around the same time (so the track should be somehow similar :smiley:)

There are two videos - relative comparison (where you can see the actual changing position on the track) and absolute comparison (where you can see the difference in throttle curve for the specific track position)

Also screenshot of the track with split positions and the optimal lap (which in this case is also very close to the best lap) with times for each sectors, compared to my best lap sector times.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsGGW0x2uwa1kLVFqUBCeY9oYgAfog?e=LVntMG

1 Like

Also for the posttoast data there is a video of the one sector where the optimal time could be better with relative comparison of that single sector where you can see what was faster.

You can see that the time loss of the acceleration on the back main straight was around 0,2s for me vs poasttoast (check top right corner where the current lap time diff is showing).

On the top right you can see the color of each lap (mine is more prominent and the comparison poasttoaast lap is the greyed out one)