ESK8CON 2024 - Vegas April 5th-7th

Also for the posttoast data there is a video of the one sector where the optimal time could be better with relative comparison of that single sector where you can see what was faster.

You can see that the time loss of the acceleration on the back main straight was around 0,2s for me vs poasttoast (check top right corner where the current lap time diff is showing).

On the top right you can see the color of each lap (mine is more prominent and the comparison poasttoaast lap is the greyed out one)

Dang this is very cool thanks David! I’ll have to play with race chrono a bit more I guess. How did you get these videos and overlay?

Ahahaha thanks. If anyone has photos of Mochi I’d be more than happy to see it!

• Mochi’s Owner… Aaron KS!

For sure, I will be more than happy if my posts will motivate others to have a look at it :grin:

I can record some short overview how to do it. Basically for the session you are able to import the video, move it manually and then lock into place (or if you import GoPro video its possible to get that right away as it has quite good gps inside depending on the version, 7 being the best). I usually use some marks on the ground (like parking lines etc.) to calibrate where the video should be. Then you just export by selecting the overlay video as the export mode.

If you have a video of the session I can show you how to sync it to the data.

2 Likes

You know what would be even more awesome? Overlaying metr logs with it too

6 Likes

Looks like @MOPEVS posted his pictures from the con! Sharing for whoever doesn’t have IG

6 Likes

Also a collection from @s_m_l_s_

7 Likes

And another one I created where I upload mine and for whoever wants to share their photos.

8 Likes

@davidpilny these are awesome thank you for sharing!

4 Likes

@markngo

10 Likes

@SquishyCat

14 Likes

@Evwan

12 Likes

3rd photo is a paid actor

@jamie

6 Likes

@lifeofjimmy

7 Likes