Esk8 Remotes: Garbage or Greatness!

I’ve never had the Mini fail in the rain and I’ve never added waterproofing to them.

1 Like

Edited for correctness :slight_smile:

1 Like

While the mini ins’t all that tough, it seems fairly simple to repair.
after my last crash it wouldn’t power on but found it was just one of the batter tabs bent back and not making contact with the aa. Bent it back and it works again.

That said I did break my previous one somehow and couldn’t fix it. These weren’t particularly hard slams either.

GT2b however has had no problems with my numerous bashes to it.

2 Likes

i get that to this day with the R2 evolve remote. all i have to do is break a hair then i’m back on the throttle. it’s not like i’m going super fast anyways :smirk:

i love the mini…best remote on the market…my opinion.

2 Likes

Gotta try a Hoyt someday

2 Likes

i heard that before…think i will give it a try, I was looking for more esk8 parts to buy anyways. :call_me_hand: gonna be hard to replace the mini though

2 Likes

Check your motor resistance, inductance, and flux linkage measurements.

This is what my settings looked like before fixed.

Notice the mWb values very different

1 Like

not on my DIY i was speaking of my evolve CGT. good to know though

1 Like

Hey, those that have experience with a lot of remotes, which one that I can buy right now would you suggest?

I’m looking first and foremost for a reliable connection, something relatively affordable ~$100 +/-$50, and somewhat durable (that’s just a nice to have, can take it or leave it). I’d prefer thumb wheel, but willing to try index finger control if it meant a more reliable remote.

I’d love to try the OSSR, but not sure if I can order it yet. I’m weary trying a new remote and not liking it, which is why I’m asking y’all, since first hand accounts I’ve heard aren’t exactly in line with the reviews posted above… So any more clarification/suggestions from users to get me off my Nano-X is super appreciated. :blush:

For immediate availability I would suggest a VX1 or Benchwheel. Both are inexpensive and among the most reliable. If you want top shelf, get a Hoyt Puck.

9 Likes

Thanks, went with the VX1!

3 Likes

Solid choice. I have a couple, it’s also what LaCroix is using.

4 Likes

bioboard also uses the VX1

2 Likes

And if you order the lonestar, they send you 2 of em.
When the board lasts longer than the remote…:crazy_face:

4 Likes

I don’t own one personally, but have used them a good amount. Definitely agree that the VX1 seems to be the clear winner in the budget category at the moment.

3 Likes

Anyone got a review or closer look at the VX2? I’ll be testing it soon.

3 Likes

Omg, that is such a win!

2 Likes

I have the VX2 they are decent, but i sometimes run onto the problem that the telemetry dtops showing.
Works again after a reboot.
This issue seems to come right after i brake.
But for the rest its an ok remote, sits good in the hand.

1 Like

Yeah that’s pretty shitty…
Don’t worry tho @Flasher
I hear that remote is shit anyway

5 Likes