ESK8 Racing Organization and Logistics

also kart tracks which will be very popular as I forsee kart track owners seeing the money in this soon.

2 Likes

Three rules for puting on an Outlaw race.:checkered_flag:

1. never ask permission, better to beg for forgiveness.
  2. keep the rule book razor thin.
  3. refer back to rules 1 & 2

Seriously- keep it easy, simple and most important fun. Slow guys need a place to build skills. FAST guys need a place to be humbled. :checkered_flag: Pushing boards to their limits is how the tech gets better for all.

14 Likes

This isn’t true, you just don’t know about them big dawg. I’m eventually going to start organizing esk8 races but I will need people to come to them first. Which is more difficult on the east coast.

7 Likes

anyone can pull the trigger and go fast… It’ takes TALENT to conserve speed, learn cornering, and race a technical race… but I digress and agree, both venues need to be addressed!

4 Likes

Count me in

1 Like

To me it seems like the scene is not big enough for local races most places. Most people are not interested in racing. There are interested people here and there but they are to far from each other. The bigger events that actually have been able to gather people for a race with more than just a few have had people from all over.
That’s true for where I come from anyway. We have had some very good opportunities for some good racing but almost no one show up. They are turned off when the word racing is mentioned.

3 Likes

This is why I think casual racing should be given attention too. Ideally esk8 races also serve the role as esk8 community events for the region they’re in.

3 Likes

For instance… almost all the track events I have been aware of hava been more like a group ride on the track. Very few actual races. I have access to a bad ass track but I am almost the only one interested in pushing boundaries on the track. And short track is a very obvious for racing. It’s alright it’s just how it is. I just look forward to us being more.

6 Likes

Nothing embodies the feelings I have about esk8 racing more than this sentence.

I want to be as involved as I possibly can be this coming spring, and that means spending some IRL time with the people in this forum. I am considering hosting a race event (NYC EBoarding based) this summer so the east coast can get some love too.

2 Likes

@davidbonde where are you located? In an east coast guy

3 Likes

If you get that going I would definitely make an effort to get to some of the races.

2 Likes

If we can get the word out to the DC and NYC groups the turnout should be big.

3 Likes

Your the guy I met at DC right? Gave me a business card?
My brother had the janky board.

Get the word to Philly, NYC, DC.

Ive got some friends that could carpool wherever with me.

Should be enough people to get it going.

2 Likes

Yes! With the USPS boxes and exposed battery leads! :rofl: :sob:

Let’s do this! I have a track in central NJ in mind that I should call sometime soon.

1 Like

Yes that one, I take no responsibility for that

I can help out with stuff if ya need it.

1 Like

I will definitely reach out when I do more planning.

I really want to get Boosted and other brands involved. I know you folks don’t like pre-builts but we’re gonna need them for this to reach critical mass.

1 Like

We would definitely need companies like boosted to help with it so no shame in that.

Im guessing we would need to establish different classes?

Here is just and Idea
Prebuilts (Boosted and similar companys)
-Mabye 2 Prebuilt classes
DIY urethane
DIY Pneumatics (Include Kaly and Lacroix?)

1 Like

I feel like something that needs to happen is the few people in a given area that ARE interested in racing would want to adopt a track and just ride it a lot and generate some video while they generate some skills, then other people might get interested as well.

7 Likes

I tried to get a local go kart place to let us use there track, but they said I couldn’t because
If I got injured I could sue :man_shrugging:

1 Like

yeah I think its about building a relationship with them first and making sure everyone’s aware that no suing would happen, release forms and all of that shit too.

4 Likes