ESK8 Racing needs our help to grow

Practice race today

3 Likes

Esk8 SOS race#2

5 race Points Series with one throw out.
Race 2 -5 will still put you in contention for the points championship :checkered_flag: see you Sunday

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1075985623142303&id=100021926262061&sfnsn=mo

3 Likes
3 Likes

@RipTideSports dude this looks so cool! I’d totally do a camping trip to this if I lived near by!

5 Likes

We held an event there, it was a lot of fun!

6 Likes

We had a good 30ish people turn out today. We had two tracks set up, one really tight T shaped track and large loop.

Hopefully in the summer we can get an entire parking lot without massive steel beams. We’ll be able to host a significantly larger track.

9 Likes

awesome!

2 Likes

It was great seeing everyone again! Thanks for posting those.

4 Likes

PEV Race-N-Ride Apple Valley Speedway
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4878458988867802&type=3

4 Likes

Your photos are awesome Brad! I’d like to welcome the super aerodynamic “hunchback” position created by yours truly

11 Likes

:skateboard:

9 Likes

Need content like this to grow e-board racing.

EUC pro class from last weekend at AVS. Content narrative like this takes a race video turns it into a building block for the sport. Viewing with play by play commentary, detailed rider information, explianation of statistics and equipment allows the viewer an understanding of what’s happening. This is how eyes and minds are opened. Thank you Zen Lee .
Nailed it!

9 Likes

Sounds like we need an intern

One of the things I do professionally is build software of various sorts including cloud-based sites. I was wondering whether there is a need in the esk8 racing scene for a database-backed site to allow capture of races, lap times, results, etc. I had this idea recently WRT the T-Race initiative as I saw @davidbonde was using a spreadsheet to track times and I figure this has got to be very cumbersome and would only get worse with more participants, data, etc.

4 Likes

Sounds quite intriguing

I would really like to see this grow internationally too, not just in one country.

2 Likes

I haven’t really given much thought to it but I could imagine, off the top of my head, that you want ways to capture all relevant race data and then have ways that people can view (and potentially compare) data by club/race organizer, track, event/session, date, rider, certain vehicle characteristics, etc. Race data could potentially include race times, results, GPS data, ESC data, etc.

I work for myself and on my own time and like to help solve problems and if there was a real need for something I’d build and run it as a community service. The hardest part is really just figuring the database schema and features required (ideally organized into the immediate must-have features and then the nice-to-haves).

3 Likes

Sounds like someone needs to start an esk8 racing slack channel to organize all these features and prioritize development.

1 Like

I can do that soon (Discord is probably better). Just in the middle of an office/workshop move now but in a couple of weeks I’ll have time for this. Also need to give some thought to the scope of users for this. My personal interests are in esk8 and as much as I like racing on different tracks with other riders, I really like the T-Race initiative for something that makes it really easy to setup and move and as a benchmark for global comparison. Although I’m not into EUC or other PEVs, there’s no reason the same site can’t support those classes too but have it segmented so that if you only want to see esk8 you can. It would, however, be interesting to compare times and other data between boards, EUCs, etc.

3 Likes

I already started jotting down some notes which I can share at some point. Part of the goal of the site would be to help racers and race organizers organize events to make it easy to have a page with all relevant info for a race, notify participants, etc. There would be ways to cross-link to standard social media stuff like FB events/groups, YouTube videos of race footage, photos, etc.

2 Likes