ESK8 Racing needs our help to grow

This looks like o much fun but also fucking terrifying at the same time but I have only really ridden dkp…

1 Like

you should try organizing at local karting tracks or even a property owner with a large enough parking lot.
its not easy or cheap but it is worth the effort to bring everybody together. and we all end up splitting the cost. you would be surprised how far people will travel for a good venue. we had people drive in the night before for our last event.

If its not terrifying, you are not going fast enough!

3 Likes

I priced one out it was about a 1500 an hour or something like that not enough heads locally. But we have a area at a local park that’s open we could set cones for

1 Like

I would check another one. that seems unusually high. i just got a quote for 3000$ for all day plus insurance in southern California where everything is expensive.

If there was something like every Sunday at this parking lot we race for a couple hours then that would be dope. This also go’s for group rides. If there is a set time and day that is recurring, then we could probably get more people.

Yeah the local race track that does karting also won’t allow it.

I could ask again with how covid has affected so.mant businesses maybe they’ll let it fly now.

2 Likes

Good turnout last Sunday.
This spot is epic and grippy!

12 Likes

Man this is exactly what I am looking to get going in Chicago, plenty of chicanes and hairpins to keep it from being a pay to win race

3 Likes

So I made an into to speed day in Chicago, I am very addicted now (guy in tie die)https://www.instagram.com/tv/CNOHf0WhNCu/?igshid=12es7mr75jc9i

4 Likes

Was just watching it! Looks awesome!!!

1 Like

How feasible do you guys think is it to have rally style competitions on MTB trails or doubletrack? It’d probably be even harder to organize as it’s not as small as a parking lot or racetrack, but I haven’t really seen any offroad styles of racing, and AT boards and eMTBs are all over the place now.

4 Likes

That would be super cool

At the Colorado esk8 race, we had a whole day on the street track and a whole day on the offroad course and it was sweeeeet. Not scenic like the woods but nice wide paths.

*shitty hand cell phone video

I have a nice bmx park near me that has a woods route but it’d be too tight for races. Tons of fun for cruising.

Ideally, I’d love a woods race with a wide path.

4 Likes

Well it defines on what you consider a race. In rally, it’s all time trials so everyone is released one at a time on an interval, so overtakes are uncommon. The roads are often only one or two cars wide, so it’s much more technical than a wide, flat track, which I feel would work well with how MTB doubletrack are sized and set up for.

So a track like this would be ideal for esk8 without being overly technical like singletrack

4 Likes

That’s a way better idea. I hate having to worry about what’s behind me in a race and it opens the door to more courses.

1 Like

Track looked challenging and well laid out.
How many boards? What was the overall consensus?

1 Like

While I love the speed & technical prowess of rally, there’s nothing like a good dogfight in a tight race!

Way more fun and thrilling to live and watch. Touge Boi here :laughing:

Have you ever seen the bike race wall ride overtake after the guy crashed and was passed by other racers? He won that race like a champ anyway. That kind of events cannot happen in time attack unfortunately!

3 Likes

we had up to 10 people at one point. Everyone was stoked, people on pneumatic want a longer straight away next time. Was thinking of doing a track next time with 2 routes and separating runs by skill. No injuries just one guy broke a king pin. Long story short I’m gonna build a race board

10 Likes

@Venom121212 Are you in Denver Co?

1 Like

Nah just had the pleasure of visiting for the event.

2 Likes