ESK8 Racing needs our help to grow

Here are the results from SoCal Performance Day.

All events were easily repeatable with no head to head racing. The figure 8 had a start finish line and two cones. Super simple.
This is where Esk8 was in 2017.
Would be cool to see where it is today comparatively.

Top Speed Test Moe- 72 kph (44.7 mph) Ian (Artie’s board)- 55 kph (34.2 mph) Will (Psychotiller’s board)- 53 kph (32.9 mph) Derek- 52 kph (32.3 mph)

50M Dash Chris (Derek’s board)- 5.50 sec Ian- 5.97 sec Derek- 6.09 sec

Figure 8 Time Attack (2 cones 20m apart; Start finish 5m behind first cone) Derek- 49.19 sec Moe- 50.63 Chris- 52.65 Matt- 57.4 Ian- 58.97 Will (Psychotiller’s board)- 60.15

100m Ian- 10.22 sec @ 54 kph (33.6 mph)

2 Likes

Sick, what was the allowed distance for speed test? Is it at end of 50m dash?

150m start-up 150m shut-down 300meter total with a curb at the end. This was on the V-1 1200kv motors mod.8 gear drive. Nkp with no front bushings.

4 Likes

What wheelsize and gearing? :drooling_face: Looks like PU? :thinking:

11/72 on 80mm Thane 40/92 1250kv 8s 8100watts

2 Likes

Live stream Now

6 Likes

Esk8 racing seems like fun but I would never want to really go above 35 and I think other people would agree so maybe as a entry point we should come up with some shorter tighter tracks to get more people involved

2 Likes

Intro to speed is sub 35mph usually, tight turns and it’s all skill based. You could bring a killer board out but if you have no skill then you won’t be able to ride well. Practice = Perfection

10 Likes

I think we just need to take the stuff like intro to speed and then standardize the rules and try to get more places doing something like it

4 Likes

Here’s a track idea, it does require some space (300x100m) and 10 cones/markers but the benefit would be that a new rider could try all “elements” (bad word choice?) such as 300m speed run, 100m dash, 50m dash etc…
Granted there is no exact figure 8 but other then that I think it could be fun, sry for the bad sketch/pic

Watcha think?

3 Likes

BTW about the T layout, what do you guys consider being a good ratio?

• 25m long /10m high
  • 30m long /15m high
  • 50m long /20m high

0 voters

Given you can build variations as posted above, F for a double short length, I (H) for symmetrical course, gymkhana on the straight line, heck you can even turn this into a + or a cross…

My gauge of measurements is trash what would be the top speed on each setup?

2 Likes

Based off these data

My guess roughly for a “not blazing fast” board would be

• 25m long top at 25-30km/h
  • 30m long top at 30-35km/h
  • 50m long top at 35-40km/h

Increment from 5 to 15km/h if you actually have a dragster race board packing 10.000watt !!

So the smallest version would be great practice for lower speed boards to play with skill, balance and torque instead.

The biggest would be best for true racing rigs, which could unleash some serious throttle and top speed all together.

1 Like

Meant to do the middle one not the top one

1 Like

Dammit I really wish I could edit I meant I want to do the biggest setup :sweat:

1 Like

Isn’t it possible to re-vote ? I don’t know how to change settings but I think I put the poll to open.

Ok so far the 50meter setup seems to be more popular !

1 Like

I think you need (especially with a slower board) 20-30m to get up to speed and 10-15m for braking so 50m seems about right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cuz I think most boards can hit the kind of speeds that setup would need

1 Like

So I’m not involved with racing as much as other people but is this T style track being used or talked about outside of this thread?

1 Like