ESK8 Racing needs our help to grow

A to B whoever gets there fastest wins would be cool

Dangerous but cool

6 Likes

Well, that’s what would need to happen for eSk8 Racing to grow. Otherwise “ It is what it is” outlaw racing, where you run what you bring. Get-R-Done.

If it’s gonna be ran this way then. They should Just keep it how it is with time trials. And instead of calling it novice and pro class. Change it up to board class. Like…

Sport (slowest board class)

GT (medium speed class) &

F1 (fastest speed class)

1 Like

That’s how it is now. Except they group top times, medium times, and bottom times together and call each a different class. Pro, novice, and sportsman.

1 Like

Nah I mean like in the city or some kind of non-kart-track style thing, that would be cool. Pick your route

This is the way :metal:

2 Likes
5 Likes

I was such a rebel back then… can’t believe we pulled this off lol it was so dangerous

7 Likes

It was the only baesk8 ride i ever been on…and one to rememeber

2 Likes

looks like Electrify Expo updated rules.

notably adding:

classes:

11.3.1 STOCK:
Stock production decks only. Retail price point on the complete board must
not exceed $2500.00 (as new) and should be able to be immediately verified via a
reputable online retailer. A stock classification will not permit any modification to
the Rider’s equipment. Cosmetic or griptape enhancements specific to board livery
(graphics) are permitted. No other modifications allowed. No real-time racing
modifications are permitted. This includes real-time enhancements or adjustments
made wirelessly or via wire.

11.3.2 MODIFIED:
Stock production decks only. Retail price point on the complete board
must not exceed $2500.00 (as new) and should be able to be immediately verified via
a reputable online retailer. This class permits any and all modifications to a stock
production deck.

11.3.3 PRO:
A pro classification is an open class and permits any and all modifications to
the board setup and deck.

11.3.4 Ultimately, class determination will be at the discretion of the race official.

5 Likes

How many racers were there at ES8CON this year and many racers worldwide do you think there are ? Maybe 200/300? Still too niche to really make such a fuss just be happy esk8 racing exists :cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Your numbers are way off. I think there were 140 racers at ESK8Con. Check out the scene in Europe and Australia also.

1 Like

126 racers participated in quali’s

A few people bailed after that and didn’t race in heats.

4 Likes

The idea of swappable batteries for more types of races is awesome! We could do an esk8 enduro with pit stops!

6 Likes

Bout 15 at an absolute stretch here in Australia

3 Likes

Damn, I’m sure you’re guys laws don’t help the situation.
Europe looks to be pretty small turn outs at their races as well.
And I’ve only seen a few races in Asia, but always looks like they just put downhill skaters on stock Eboards.
I would be really think the total of esk8 “racers” has to be sub 300.

1 Like

The official rules refer to a complete esk8 build as a “deck”? The deck is what you stand on. It’s a component.

We all know what they mean… but… ya know?

4 Likes

The laws aren’t that bad. As long as you’re not going flatout through areas full of pedestrians the police leave you alone. Diy is just dead here. It’s a struggle to sell and even give away some parts at the moment.

*edit: realized that was numbers at esk8con from international I think

1 Like

Its still illegal in several states here

Does anyone actually get hassled if you’re not being a fkwit though…

4 Likes