ESK8 Racing needs our help to grow

For battery we have access for car cell which can discharge many A. Is flat pack lithium ion pack but very powerful. Better to using than polymer pouch which is hobby grade. You need better battery for race.

5 Likes

Nice! Once you find time and we can chat about the design etc… I think it would be easy to make it usable for liion packs and lipo since they are both very big. @jeffwuneo @KfromtheBay

For sure we can work out some dimensions. I’m thinking high discharge 21700 cells will be the way to go. Need to have something that can fit at least a 4p of 30A cells I’m thinking as a minimum. May have to explore stagger stack

2 Likes

Hmm… @KfromtheBay could you mind giving me the estimated dimensions of that? Here’s what I’m working with on my side for the battery dims. (Dims = dimensions)

Battery Dims: (8s 22AH True 40c lipo)
158mm x 59mm x 161mm

Esc Dims: (this is for dual CC Mamba xlx)

Length: 4.75"
Width: 4.5” (ish)
Height: 1.73"

(I’ll check this thread in da mornin)

Flat pack is rather large. But if clearance is no issue, a DS would be the way to go.
SS 12s4p of 21700:
168x420x21mm

Or DS:
168x210x42mm

Final packs would have some added height and sliver of width from wrapping and wiring

1 Like

This thread is though.

CALIFORNIA FREE RIDE SERIES 2020:

Dump Rd.
Near Moreno Valley CA
Max Capps/Tim Del
January 12th

Barrett Junction
3 miles from the border of Mexico.
Muirskate (Scott Lembach)
January 18,19.

Bakersfield (Bodfish or Round Mtn)
Bakersfield CA
Daniel Engel
February-March 28,29,1

Spliff N’ Wesson
Mt Shasta
Morgan Owens
May 30,31

Bakersfield 15 (Track TBA)
Bakersfield CA
Daniel Engel
September 18,19,20

Turkey Jam
Near Sacramento CA
DJ Fallon
November 21,22

WITH MORE TO COME!
STAY TUNED! :skateboard::call_me_hand:t3::mountain:

8 Likes

Whoa, races in NorCal? See you there

4 Likes

I always assumed it was Northern California but I looked it up this time.
I’m surprised there’s no SouCal.

Let it be today.

1 Like

They call it SoCal so I’ve been told

7 Likes

Google info failing that is. It specifically mentions NorCal but no SoCal.

2 Likes

NO… it’s California or Cali… we don’t wanna be associated with the crybabies in the north

3 Likes

faaaak I just realized I’m going to miss Barrett…

fucking race cars…

2 Likes

We call it slow-cal. But, NorCal races? I might show up somewhere to watch. I’m sure some locals will be going to race tho.

3 Likes

this time around all these events are too far for me to be the usual spectator

2 Likes

not too far… but far too busy… I’m going to miss Dump Rd. and Barrett…

work

is a four letter word…

4 Likes

@MoeStooge , any timeline on when we might hear about being invited back to Lancaster?

Have not been in contact with SKUSA since Lancaster. We parted with intentions of esk8 being on the ticket for 2020.

5 Likes

regarding alleycat racing in san francisco (btw i got 1st place once and organized a couple)… one of the largest turnouts ive ever seen for one of those events wasn’t a race at all it was a group ride from ice cream store to ice cream store… promoted inclusivity by downplaying the racing aspect

3 Likes

one of the alleycats i organized was called “get to the chopper” - and the finish line was a helipad in sausalito with a helicopter waiting for the 1st male & 1st female

2 Likes