Esk8.news community charity auction #1 FEB 20 (SERIOUS)

Shit. @J0ker could you measure those hangers again? I cant remember what you said the side length was.

I can always file the clamps I suppose.

As I said, I’d skate it no second thought. Once the clamp is clamped around the hanger, I see no issues that would make it a hazard. Loctite the screws and skate away. I’ve done way more sketchy shit lol.

The trucks I have are 18-19mm x 18-19mm profile. I’ve misplaced my calipers but can say that it’s closer to 18mm with the tape I’m using.

Also, I’ll have them on their way first of next week.

1 Like

Alright cool, Ill make it work! Even if it means putting a file to it haha. @Excess I’ll PM you with my address to get those x-style mounts with idlers and clamps :blush:

2 Likes

Sweet, so this is where our parts list stands right now :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Hey guys, I’m working on the deck right now. I’ll post some pictures of the project soon. This week I’m going to stain, glass and grip it. I was wondering what color we should go with for the deck. I have all kind of colors. Here are some samples. The finished result is a little darker than pictured.

6 Likes
Tomiboi deck color
  • 1-light blue/gray
  • 2-black
  • 3-brown
  • 4-bright red
  • 5-white
  • 6-blue
  • 7-green
  • 8-deep red

0 voters

4 Likes

@tomiboi in lieu of closing the poll at a certain time, you can just pick whichever color is in the lead when you get to that point in the deck making process :grin:

I cant believe that the blue/gray is winning over the deep red :sob: dont you animals know that red is the fastest color?! :joy:

7 Likes

I’ll probably start stain tomorrow evening. That should give some time for voting. I just finished up a deck for myself with the deep-red/cherry color. It looks really sharp with black grip.

4 Likes

We just have to convince team Bright Red to join us!

2 Likes

Hell yes, deep red pulls ahead!

1 Like

Bruh you haven’t been in the game long enough to know that light blues and grey go much faster than reds and deep reds :rofl:

2 Likes

obviously the amount of seziures the colour causes is directly proportional to the speed
so red with purple spots is the fastest (duh)

1 Like

@tomiboi in the case of a tie, you can be the tie breaker :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Here are some of the colors on finished decks. The Blue/grey is on the left. The deep-red is on the right. The blue isn’t really in contention, but I included it anyway because I like the way that one turned out :yum:

8 Likes

Well, no one liked the doo-doo brown color :poop: It looks better in person :smile: Right now there is a tie between Grey/blue and deep-red. Anybody want to break the tie? Otherwise I’m gonna flip for it.

4 Likes

Blue-grey it is!!

8 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

jk, its going to look amazing either way! Cant wait to see it in person :grin:

5 Likes

thanks to @Excess and @J0ker for these awesome parts! Between these we should have more than enough to get this build off the ground :smiley:

Now all we need is the deck!

8 Likes

What is the enclosure again?

1 Like

We are getting an integrated deck from @tomiboi. Fully bamboo and fiberglass reinforcement, integrated enclosure, top lid, stained and glass fritted. Its gonna be S W E E T

If anyone hasn’t seen his work, check it out at tomiboiesk8.com !

(In case I misunderstood your question, we currently have a tayto enclosure that came with the rest of the parts. Not planning to use it, since tomiboi offered a deck :slightly_smiling_face:)

7 Likes