Esk8.news community charity auction #1 FEB 20 (SERIOUS)

Ultraboard… nice

1 Like

Thanks @longhairedboy! I’ll pop this open Monday and take inventory :grin:

18 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes

First time mailing something IN to portland. Usually i get shit mailed OUT of portland…

4 Likes

bags-of-weed

15 Likes

Alrighty boys and girls, I hope you have been good this year! Here’s what the long haired Santa brought us :grin:

We have:

• 1x @BigBen Tayto Enclosure
  • 4x Ollin Popoca 90mm wheels
  • 2x 36t 12mm Kegel Bolt on wheel pulleys
  • 2x Racestar 5065 200kv motors (d-shaft)
  • 2x 15t aluminum motor pulleys (round shaft with keyway)
  • 1x FSESC4.20 dual VESC + button
  • 1x Antispark (unknown to me) - @Broly
  • 1x OS Davega and cable
  • 1x Enertion bluetooth module
  • 60x recycled 18650’s (VTC6’s?)
  • TB CNC Trucks - @J0ker
  • Motor Mounts - @Excess
  • Remote - @DerelictRobot

We need:

If anyone would like to volunteer any of the needed parts please do so now!

Also, if you contributed any of the existing parts, please let me know so that we have a record of everyone who helped out! :grin:

11 Likes

I have a very used boosted board drivetrain that I can volunteer, if I can make it work with the existing wheels/pulleys/potentially motors. Other truck/mount offers are welcome!

@DerelictRobot you still down to donate a PPB?

Also, what are everyone’s thoughts on taking up @tomiboi on his very generous offer of an integrated enclosure deck? It would make my life easier, as well as make the build a lot cooler, but it would also mean that we would not be able to use this tayto enclosure.

Do we want to prioritize making sure that all the donated parts get used? Thoughts?

4 Likes

I would try to use as many as possible, yes. That’s my recommendation anyway.

3 Likes

What cells are those? Will they be able to be used? Are you able to check the Ir on them?

Not 100% sure. I think I remember being told they were VTC6’s but dont quote me on that. @Battery_Mooch do you think we could get an expert’s eye on this? What do you think these cells are? Here’s some close ups of the codes on the battery:

Thats all the markings I can find on these. Very faintly on the bottom edge of the can there is “H 21” which you can faintly seen in the last picture.

Not sure yet, gonna have to test them. No time now, slammed today haha.

Unless someone can donate/recommend a (very) cheap piece of equipment to test this, I wont be able to with what I have here. I agree that used cells is not ideal.

4 Likes

I imagine any extra parts could be held onto and used on another deck. I doubt this forum will stop needing money anytime soon.

4 Likes

They’re not new. But not worn out. Its been a minute since I’ve seen them. I know they’re in the shop. TB218mm. Also a used but in new conditions TBV6 mounts.

However they wont mount those racestars. Boardnamics 63mm idler mounts will. Really any mount with the X profile for the motor.

2 Likes

Yeah but I’m going to insist on shipping it to Damon first.

Let me talk to Dexter on the motor mounts/trucks

4 Likes

I’m definitely not an expert…just a guy who does some testing and reads a lot :slightly_smiling_face:…but a stamped code on the bottom is used by Samsung cells. That “5” as the second character of the first line of printed can codes is used by Samsung 25R’s and 35E’s. You’d have to do a capacity check to get an idea of which it might be.

The internal condition of those cells is unknown so an IR check is recommended along with assuming that they might be damaged and that there could be an increased risk if using them.

18650 VTC’s won’t have a bottom stamped code, won’t have all those printed can codes, and will have two small “dimples” in the metal underneath the black top insulating ring.

6 Likes

Great point! You still willing to donate a deck? :smiley: If so, PM me for shipping info.

If we can get a set of trucks, cool, but like jack says the TB mounts wont work. These Racestars have a 38mm mounting pattern. They wont work on these boosted mounts that I have either. The boosted motors have a 30mm mounting pattern.

Worst case, I can probably use this whole boosted drivetrain, but its beat to shit and I wouldnt be able to use the popoca’s (as this is a v1 boosted drivetrain, before they were using kegal wheels). I dont think that would make this board very sale-worthy.

Anyone have a set of the @Boardnamics universal mounts w/idler that they would be willing to donate? something with caliber clamps to go on TB 218’s? Or maybe someone has trucks and the mounts they could donate? Maybe a certain vendor who might happen to sell both those items could possibly want some publicity and good will, and might be willing to donate them? wink wink hint hint? :laughing:

Sweet, we have a remote!

if it walks like an expert, quacks like an expert, and always has the answers to my battery questions… haha.

Thanks Mooch, I think we have solved our mystery! I dont know where I got the idea that these are VTC6’s haha.

I dont suppose you could recommend a very cheap tool I could purchase to do these tests? Duck Battery Systems is not as cash solvent as I would like at the moment :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@Boardnamics used to sell mounts for those motors, I have a set (but they are in-use).

Maybe if he has the files he could consider cutting one more set of them? I don’t know if he still has on-site manufacturing capabilities.

I was kind of hinting at/hoping :sweat_smile: that he would be able to donate a set of these : https://boardnamics.com/product/motor-mount-for-electric-skateboard-v2-0-w-idler-gear/

I believe these would work with TB218’s

2 Likes

I may have some I can throw in.

3 Likes

I have these mounts.
I’m happy to help if it hasn’t already been figured out

5 Likes

That would be amazing, thank you! @J0ker can I put you down for your set of TB218’s and @Excess can I put you down for the mounts? If so, then I think we should have everything covered but the deck!

1 Like