esk8.news Bullying and Moderation

Thanks a lot for your explanations. This may help other users too. Perhaps I am or somebody else here is faced tomorrow with a similar situation; who knows?

Of course, you have every right not to react to messages that you think do not concern you. However, perhaps an explanation from your side would have helped to avoid the whole situation; who knows?

Anyways, welcome back @GlitterSpitter and @JKarma!

1 Like

Merge gone wrong :rofl:

6 Likes

Thank you @Ancient & @hans_maier for your support.

what’s the status on fixing the fusion gone wrong?

3 Likes

I think we should never merge accounts unless there’s permission given from both accounts. It’s a privacy issue, imagine if @JKarma was slipping into some other girl’s esk8.news DMs :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Good point for sure. Serious stuff.

Edit: Just to be clear for any users only reading this comment above, @JKarma is my boyfriend.

I agree with that.

1 Like

Does this forum use Discourse Encrypt? I have not yet implemented this yet on my own, but I hoped that PM’s are encrypted, so no Admin should be able to see.

I quoted your text and mentioned this May 8th:

I’m pretty sure that was turned on a while ago.

2 Likes

Possibly so, however admins reading private messages is a very current issue.

1 Like

yes discourse encrypt is enabled.

4 Likes

Cool, thanks for confirming. Am I misunderstanding how it works, private messages should be off limits then right, which is what the breach of privacy was about?

1 Like

I believe both users have to have the plugin enabled in settings

2 Likes

and with that one last nudge. I have enabled it for myself… now I can solicit all those ramen pics everyone keeps talking about.

2 Likes

Good reminder:

1 Like

yeah nobody should be reading anyone else’s PMs, and you’re also not allowed to post screenshots publicly from private conversations.

4 Likes

Cool, thanks for your reply.

1 Like

Wow. Just wow

Welcome to the forums @GlitterSpitter

Sorry for the rough first few days

2 Likes

Thank you @bwahl602 :blush:

Hey @jamie just checking in on this. Also, Jkarma posted in the noob thread trying to provide you assistance:

2 Likes