Esk8 / EMTB Skills basics

I can fall off anything at any speed and maintain an upright beer. Its muscle memory by now. Maintain beer at any and all costs.

1 Like

My best advice for beginners would be that your first board doesnt have to be a Biobaords X4, the 2wd version is good enough. But just to be safe for the future you should probably go with a X4 anyways

4 Likes

Lol, i rode a thorium for the first time on the weekend. Its got some serious punch :joy: but for that money I’d rather build my own.

2 Likes

Of course, everyone aint that stupid to get hooked on the DIY drug though! No matter how expensive a premade is, DIYers will always spend more money in the long run :exploding_head: :sweat_smile:

Or is that just the case for me? :grimacing:

2 Likes

You’re not alone… :joy:

1 Like

Man, I’m terrible for projects, I have a workshop with a '66 Ford Ranchero which is getting a Mercedes diesel, a big Honda Bros project, a tractor getting a diesel swap. Sometimes you just need to buy it prebuilt so you can get out there!

1 Like

Stack? What is stack?

1 Like

Britishism, ‘to stack it’ is to go ass over tit. Or to fall off.

EDIT:
…I say Britishism, am I being colonial/Britain centric? Shit…

2 Likes

Commonwealthism, rather?

1 Like

Things I tell beginners:

• Wear slide gloves / alternatives, so that when you fall, you don’t break your wrists. Also helps a lot against scratches.
  • First learn to ride a regular longboard. Get GOOD at it, so that you feel comfortable riding over cracks, going up sidewalks, being comfortable going down a small hill. Learn to footbrake!!!
  • Learn what a speed wobble feels like, and learn to put your weight forward to avoid them. When riding electrically, if you notice one, you’ll know to slow down / ride it out.
  • Start in slow mode if you have one, until you develop muscle memory for the latency between your remote and board, and stopping in emergencies.
  • Slow down when passing people / animals. They sometimes will suddenly get in your way.
2 Likes

I am australian and technically british as well, so you’re safe in my case :joy:

1 Like

I’m in the clear!

Technically British is the best kind, I’m technically French, useful come Brexit