Esk8 confessional

There is efoil.builder forum ia m pretty sure they would love having a machinist joining.

5 Likes

I’m curious about efoil vs esurf. The foil looks so odd but is supposedly better for control.

4 Likes

I’ve never tried either one (yet), but I would chose a foil as they ride above the water, thus choppy waters wouldn’t matter. The lakes around me are always choppy.

5 Likes

I want one of each. And one of those jet suits.

7 Likes

Ya, I’ve been spying around on foil zone for bit. Would put my glassing skills, (or lack there of) to task.

2 Likes

I think they are also more energy efficient as there is less contact with water.

3 Likes

Plus if you paint it mirror, you look like you’re floating

1 Like

forgive me skatan, it has been almost 60 days since I last stepped on a board or land.

9 Likes

You’ll still somehow end up with road rash.

3 Likes

Its the law.

3 Likes

(21km/h)

This is probably why you’re not in the hospital. For all the bad choices made here, this was probably the one that mattered the most, and it was a good decision. :metal:

1 Like

Sooooo here is a break down:

• Offroading yesterday
  • descending a very steep slope, I high sided and had such the small fall… Oh so small
  • fell on the puck, (broke potentiometer)
  • board goes full throttle
  • I pull the loop key
  • stormcore is toast… 100D
  • ffffffffffff
  • wish I had pressed the power button… But the board was throwing dirt and rocks everywhere and the tires were smoking :joy::joy:
8 Likes

How does one lead to the other?

5 Likes

I dun gettit either

1 Like

I’m thinking it could be the back EMF from the motors spinning at max speed going into an unpowered ESC. Is that a thing?

2 Likes

Usually that just powers it back on no?

Good idea tho

1 Like

Yeah I’m not 100% sure that I can explain how it happens, but it does… I’ll leave this open for someone else to come and explain :joy::joy: but we had another guy in our group, he was also riding 18S with a 100D, he had a backpack battery pack for his board, he was getting low on the board and going around a corner and the wheel unplugged his backpack from the board and when it did it fried his stormcore. And it fried in the exact same way where it shorted out the phase wires making it extremely hard to turn the wheels

1 Like

So, the mother in law, who is an absolute cunt , ( none of here kids will have anything to do with her but my wife) is gonna come stay with us for the night before her flight to Ohio. I just found out about this 1 hour ago. I came home and folded up the ping pong table in the basement, and made the hidebed for her, so my wife doesn’t have to when she gets home.
Brownie points for me.
Question…… should I introduce some fiberglass fibers to the sheets to make extra……….nice?

8 Likes

Not gonna do that, but it is tempting.

1 Like

Don’t send her my way!

But good on you for being the bigger person, especially in regards to an in law.

4 Likes