Esk8 confessional

old friend of mine… :laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

not much of a confession but i spent most today trying to work out why no-one in the uk sells fish paper for a normal price
cheapest i found here was apexcustoms at £5 per meter

i went on aliexpress and got 10meters for 13$ or £9
sadly its 40 days delivery

1 Like

Last small package of $15 of fishpaper I bought on aliexpress I had to pay £25 import duties :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

ouch
why?

usually i pay 0 import fees even for expensive stuff when they are from china

Sometimes nothing sometimes pain. Really hit and miss.

3 Likes

ah hope im not hit with that

would be useful if someone could order like 100m and then sell it to people for a normal price in the uk
like 2£ per meter

Isn’t it just cheaper to bet on random chance and order again with different shipping?

Ok so here’s the deal, we sell it at £4 per meter. It costs us ~£1.50 per meter to buy, ship and get it through customs. it’s not reasonable as a business to charge £2 for it, for the extra you get a nice website in the UK to buy it from, ensured delivery quickly and support if it doesn’t arrive and on top of that you support a UK company with RnD money so they can develop stuff you can’t buy in China.

This, as an example

Has taken many hours of design, many iterations of components and lots of testing all of which was paid for by the money we make from selling fish paper and BMS’s that you can deffo get cheaper in China. That pack is just the start, because of that we’ve been able to design a kit we are about to release for DIY builders to make their own that fits into a commonly used enclosure - next level stuff not possible at buying for £1.50 and selling for £2.

We’ve been extremely lucky that we’ve been supported by large sections of the DIY community, that’s awesome and we really appreciate that.

10 Likes

yeah dont blame you man
i understand its simple bussiness and you are by far the cheapest in the uk on amazon its like £8 per meter
just annoying still that there is no way to have it here for cheaper

excited to see the launch of your kit hopefully its good stuff

There was, and I declare that I won that motherfucker with my entry, the majestic Big Red.

9 Likes

I took a spill last night in almost the exact same way I was making fun of somebody for just days earlier. Karma is a bitch.

9 Likes

I guess that’s one way of never loosing your keys…lunch

1 Like

Nice raptor deck and enclosure

2 Likes

Nice D-Rex :champagne:

2 Likes

That Ikea light though

I find it helps so much to put dabs of epoxy where the bell meets the light

Otherwise they always end up coming loose, at least for me

7 Likes

Diy ikea!

3 Likes

I love buying esk8 parts when I’m drunk. It’s kinda like getting high.

3 Likes

I do it sober and depressed :sweat_smile::sob:

1 Like

Went to Screwfix today (tool shop) and I came in to collect something but since I ordered on my bros PayPal I needed his ID even though I had mine on me (I’m under 18) no biggie.
I come back like 10min later at 4.00pm and the guy literally is just closing up the store I ask him if I can quickly collect this thing and he just shoes me out.
So annoyed at him
Grrrrrr

3 Likes

I’ve been riding my bergs for the last three weeks and I’m not sure if I can switch back…

The only thing turning me off is the decreased range (12s7p 30q’s only gets like 25 mi max) and the fact that two of my tires have noticeable wobble that prevents me from going over like 25 without it being sketchy

2 Likes