Esk8 confessional

He’s alright walked it off with minor scratches.

2 Likes

God bless him.

1 Like

He is a rag doll man, I’ve seen this kid fall doing 40 and he just flies. We think he finally killed him self and he is already back up and on the board going down the hill.

3 Likes

I stepped on an evolve board today
I had to bottom out the throttle to get moving, then the brake to eventually stop.
I don’t understand those damn prebuilts…
If i dare to bottom out the throttle on mine i go zooomm, then brake to stop on a penny :c

4 Likes

Some people really enjoy the thrill and excitement from the random cutoffs. Personally, I find it a little overrated. I’m more of a reliability type of guy. I know I know boring right? But that’s just me

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I had an Evolve Carbon GT for a long time and never had those cutoffs. I did have some power switch malfunctions that mimicked remote cutouts in symptoms, but as soon as I figured out it was the power button rattling out, I didn’t have that problem any more.

I suspect more folks had power buttons rattling into the “off” state but thought it was remote cutouts.

Now it’s this board

6 Likes

I would not trust that kind of board anywhere near cars, or people, or even bumps in the road, and that’s not even because of the remote
Although that one is weird as hell… so much throttle range yet it bites around the last 30%

“tell me your sins”

*It has been 25 days since my last confession *

I was enjoying “virgin margaritas” all weekend until someone told me that it’s just lemonade. Total buzzkill.

13 Likes

Haven’t touched my MTB since August 16th.

E: well, i touched it today. Just to get annoyed again and thinking of selling it. Seems like diy just isn’t for me.

3 Likes

I’ve been putting off working on my build for so long that it’s gotten cold again. :sob: :snowflake:

1 Like

i’m starting to think i’m never going to finish my ebike.

5 Likes

In an “always will be parts to upgrade” sort of way, or an “I can’t find the time to work on it” kind of way? @longhairedboy

1 Like

i’ve seen at least two interesting sell thread for berg hub this week, and realized only after that it was the hub i was looking for the whole time :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

definitely a can’t find time to work on it. All the parts are here except for the 420 p42As i’m going to put in it.

4 Likes

I fucking died. Fucked up the polarity. 100v with a few dozen amps available…
I may just quit the hobby now

14 Likes

I bet the spark was frightening!

I was fucking with a broken vape the other day, and the bright flash was terrifying in my hands!

3 Likes

I jumped for sure. Im always worried that my flinching will cause me to short something else.

Luckily everying survived. BMS and charger are all good.
Pretty sure CHarger actually saved it. THe Server PSU tower. all PSU went into alarm mode. Sooo I guess we finally tested that xD

6 Likes

I’m getting ready for the controller to arrive on my tower PSU… I’m wondering how difficult it would be to have a shut down on high temperature with a thermistor or 3 in the pack… then I could tune the amps going in to perfection

1 Like

The PSUs all have internal regulators to turn off at overtemp.
the converter has a readout for its internal temp as well.
I find myself setting amps to ~18 to keep the battery from exceeding 40C on the smart BMS readout. Cells are rated for 45C charging so i gave myself some headroom

1 Like

no… no… no…

monitor the battery pack temperatures

not the psu or the controller

1 Like