Thats what is confusing me, Im not sur emany people will know the motor power ratings. Does that mean I need to populate that field with a selectable list of values or have a default that is average or what?
I dont. I have a dozen 30q packs, just now getting ready to make a 40T or p42a pack .
I’m not murican. 30q cost a hell of a penny for me. 4.50/cell +shipping is the best deal I’ve seen in a bit for myself
I can dig it. Honestly, I hate building batteries, like a lot .
You already have voltage(s_count), so the only extra field needed is either motor power OR motor amps, I’m not sure which one is more convenient from a UX point of view.
Plus, there needs to be a selection box for 1WD/2WD/4WD, since total torque doubles when you double the motors (if amps unchanged).
Me either, Ill do some research and see which is more available.
Im glad you mentioned that. I wouldve hated to build all this and then realize I needed to double it .
I’d avoid the motor power ratings. They’re always inflated. I’d just use the set voltage (already done) and max amp rating calculated by cell discharge times p groups (already done)
I can do that.
But then we’re mixing battery amps and motor amps
example (single drive for simplicity):
20 battery amps, 80 motor amps
80 battery amps, 80 motor amps
both will produce the same peak torque (at low duty cycle), but setup 1 will start dropping torque at 25% duty cycle, while setup 2 will maintain peak torque all the way to 100% duty cycle (95% technically).
That’s why an extra input field for motor power or amps is needed for motor torque numbas
Even the Hoyt Drivetrain Slipped for you ?
It’s 15/36 isn’t it? But no, I’ve never had any slippage with it.
I assume from their listing of the motor pulley it’s 12T:
I’ll double check, but I’m pretty sure mine is 15t.
Might be useful to add.
Flux linkage basically tells you everything.
Looks like I’ve got some studying to do. Thanks
3ds calc was doing somethign funky confusing.
Oooh that’s very much correct. Motor amps is the right choice. Don’t tell anyone but I set my motor amps higher and higher until they get too hot
Ok, made some changes (updates).
- Added VTC6 cell values
- Added 2 fields for user definable cells
- Added save and load functions
- Added a send function, non-operational for now
The send function is 90% built, but as the hosting is at GitHub I have no way of sending the data. I’ll eventually finish that function.
I have been doing some research on the torque values, it’s coming, I think, It’s just going to take some more work.
Let me know if there’s anything else you guys want to see.
Thanks for doing this Mike! Much much helpful resource
no worries brudda, happy to help.