Escend Electric Roller Skates first EUC

After a long time and a lot of research, my entry point into the Transportation game begins with a pair of electric roller skates
I plan to buy the Escend over the Rollwalk for the increased IP rating and parts list. I have a helmet and will buy knee and arm pads. I will update as the story goes along

5 Likes

Good luck

1 Like

China presents the “Lingyi Boots”

2 Likes

2 Likes

Good luck, i would advise you to get a pair of skate shoes, as I’ve heard that doop skates have imprecise handling without them.

1 Like

They are both the same price but i wouldn’t have kmown that. Thanks!

1 Like

Think Skinny Bunny though. I wish I was that portly

1 Like

Skates ordered boi
Wil upload photos when they arrive

Shipping got delayed by a few weeks so I will take pictures when they arrive. Escend got bumrushed over December and is catching up with orders

They finally came today and the unboxing went pretty sweet! I even got an extra pair of boots for my trouble

2 Likes

You sure you got the right size shoes? Those feet seem kinda small :laughing:

1 Like

I went a half size up and they fit snugly. I just need to dial them in lol

So far the only big thing is the right battery is at half power from being stuck in transit for 2 weeks. But they are fun! I also need to adjust the regenerative braking down. The jolts from the remote are why im glad i am using this platform to get used to ESC

I also need to post in the children section lol. I have spawn

This looks way more dangerous than an esk8.
You are getting used to ESC by strapping them to your feet so you can’t get off when you lose control?

2 Likes

Well, these are strapped to your feet. I wesr my helmet and m acquiring knee/elbow pads. I am also practicing in a empty parking lot so i dont endnsger myself while i learn

After testing them out, I have decided i am shit at roller blading, and will practice safely and when the weather is right. They are a more dangerous form per se but only if you don’t know how to roller blade and you have no safety items. Once I realized i had a skill gap, i wasnt as stubborn about riding them every day, instead focusing on training with them. This is a awesome fun hobby, but being realistic about your limits is a importance to me

2 Likes

In between the snow storms,bitter cold and my toddler having a cold, They have been sitting off the charger from full for about a week. I will pull them out and reinspect until it gets good enough to practice again

I would never keep full charge for a week
These snow storms screw with my battery autism

1 Like

I really dont want to take em out in the snow so perhaps ill turn em on and inspect them this week. Being a grocery store dude, a dad, and self schooling my way is kicking my ass again. Along with the weather haha.

Update:
I finally took them out and practiced some more. I learned that i wasn’t that shit at roller blading but adjusting both the skates and the remote is key. After my first 2 times I adjusted the skates as far forward as i could, and then set the braking to 75% and voila!
It was like i was skating regularly again.

I skated for over a mile just relearning basics and having fun

1 Like