ESC getting really hot

I tried many times and I get and error couldn’t read R and I. Do I have a bad ESC? Or, I could flash the firmware with STlink again?

I can’t setup detection of my second vesc or motor 2. The motor won’t turn at all when I press the remote but when I put 60 000 erpm, the forward direction worked? The 2 motors don’t work together. I don’t know what to do next.

Write down the calibration numbers for the first motor.

Swap the motors and run the detection again for both. Do they both detect? If not, did the one not detecting, did it switch sides or not?

Definitely switch to 15 pulley.

Pump tires to max rated.

The one not detecting did switch of direction.

But, the same physical motor is the one that’s not electrically detecting, right?

Are they the same make and model of motor?

Have you done BLDC hand test on it?

The same motor that wasn’t detecting is still not working. Same make, same model: 190kv, 6355 torque boards. But my motors aren’t new.

I can’t run my motors on BLDC, vesc tool doesn’t permits it.

The hand test doesn’t care what mode you run your motors in. Try the hand test anyway.

I tried to do motor detection with both motors at the same time and it worked under Welcome and Wizards.

1 Like

Write down the detection results in case it doesn’t work in the future.

if I run Setup input, I get:

They Hoyt puck is PPM, right? I have to connect the bt module to the 4 pin connector on the unity?

1 Like

No, it’s PWM.

But, VESC mislabels PWM as “PPM”. So yeah, PPM is the option you check in VESC.

1 Like

Click the Firmware option on the left, and update the firmware on all the ESCs.

It says you’re already connected in the bottom status bar, so you don’t need any additional connectivity to set it up.

I tried many times and now, I can configure the remote. It works half of the time.

I had to update my firmware with STlink.

Write the bootloader first from the VESC Tool, then try to update the firmware from VESC Tool.

2 Likes

Everything works now. Vesc tool has configured motor max different for each motor and they are high compared to battery max. This will just drain the battery faster? Or should I put them lower?

1 Like

You want motor max to be a lot higher than the battery max in most cases. Could you post a screenshot?

Thank you b264 for everything.

2 Likes