éPok | Loaded Poke | Caliber II 50 | HK sk8 6364 190kv | 10s3p 30Q | HK sk8 ESC

I just fill it with neutral-cure silicone

It’s better if you put a piece of fishpaper on the end as a “cap” before shrinkwrapping it.

And before putting the silicone in, you can put acrylic on the end piece of fishpaper (it will soak into it) to block water ingress.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response!

So this over the end of the battery, then shrink over the top, then acrylic on the fishpaper and seal with silicone?

Any tips on where the wires come out? I’m thinking I’ll use some nylon sleeve, and just shrink the tube around that…

Thanks for the advice @b264 and @rusins, battery has been unwrapped, fishpaper insulation between P groups added, rewrapped with fishpaper ends and neutral cure silicone.

I’ve reshaped an enclosure mould, taking a lot more care now I’ve had the practice run, so next is to do some more reading on getting good corners on fibreglass and get this guy sorted. Rather than holes for phase wires in the back I think I’ll add a shallow channel so they’re more hidden - only visible between the e-riser and the motor.

3 Likes

Enclosure MK2. Having seen the colours of the first, I decided to embrace the surf lifestyle vibe of the twill fibre, and reinforced the edges with a draped strip for extra thickness. I’m happy with the look!

1 Like

Neoprene seal around the edge to stop excessive rubbing (I won’t be taking this out in any sort of wet).

Threaded inserts drilled - that was nerve wracking. Then just had to drill and solder the charge port and wire it all up!

First ride up the road…success! May it see many more.

Thank you for all the help and support this forum has given, both known and unknown.

5 Likes

And a final photo, because I’m pleased with how the underside came out.

4 Likes

Wickedddd! Nice work!

Loving the pattern on the enclosure, it’s giving me ideas for when I one day decide to build an esk8.

May it bring you many joyous journies!

2 Likes

An eskate in addition to your mountain crusher?

Thanks! I’m happy with it in the first few days, genuinely useful for getting to shops, and just a lot of fun.

Thoughts after the first weekend…

• Unsure if a Poke will be the best (long term). I snapped my ACL for the second time in late 2019 and having feet over trucks at speed yields vibration. Exway flex is looking very tempting…though perhaps a dirty word on here!
  • I like how simple it is, but think I’ll look at making a plug in pass through voltmeter so test charge
  • The cupped washer on the stock caliber cone bushing doesn’t cover the @RipTideSports barrel, so I need to order something to replace this.

Seeing as I tagged them - the riptide e-riser is awesome. I bought it last September when I was in San Diego for a work conference, and the super fast response and delivery got it to my hotel within 2 days. Great service.

1 Like