Epic macgyver solutions (not quite shitty diy)

Something just good enough to work…

10 Likes

@b264

23 Likes

I got a laugh out of that as well when I saw it on the group.

3 Likes

@Mr.Electronicist using electrical tape for a belt to get home.

Legit.

6 Likes

Holding my front truck together after hitting a pot hole at 35 or so mph so I could limp it home.

17 Likes

VESC swap power drill when

1 Like

Riding my jury rigged board around when I lose one too many zip ties, ripped the cord off a boogie board someone was throwing out, tied everything together and cruised home. Cords still on there.

2 Likes

Not esk8 but my best fix was when the adjustable bracket for my alternator in the troopy snapped…

I managed to tie up a rope to the alternator and get enough tension on it to run the fan belts and drove 50km home :sweat_smile: i was so proud.

3 Likes

:rofl: that’s fucking gold! Hopefully I don’t have to use that, but nice to know the option

My crowning moment was while visiting the miss(200km away) on a weekend, I had a throttle cable snap on an old 78Ford Fairlane. Part was 5 days out being in a small town but available back home in the metro.
I ended up drilling a hole on my fire wall and running a thin cable. Tied that to a BIC, and drove home 2.5 hr with a pull handle throttle.
Somehow the old thing had cruise control, and i utilitized it once I was over 40kmh.

Also had a 77 Cutlass Salon that had a bolt in the master cylinder going to the rear. Drove it 100000km like that + super janky 3 flip switches and a pushbutton starter. I poked and prodded the steering column harness for hrs on that one just too not have to learn how to replace ignition key cylinder.
That car was fun as hell with a 305 Smallblock, posi rear-end and no rear brakes :rofl:

5 Likes

Lol push button start is awesome. One of my mates had an old toyota coaster mini bus where he did the same thing :rofl:

2 Likes

Best part was it was so janky that one night something crossed and the accessories got power…
Woke up to cops pounding on the door at 4am because my subs were blasting in a decent suburb :rofl::sweat_smile:

Thinking back, I probably should have isolated the clamp on splices

2 Likes

Loooool my very first car was an EF Ford Falcon and the previous owner must have had anger problems because the metal plate in the steering wheel that makes contact and sounds the horn was really badly bent.

On really cold nights, the steel must have contracted or something and made contact, setting off the horn.

It happened one night at the gfs place at like 3 in the morning and i literally had to rip my steering wheel apart to get it to stop.

I replaced it with little red square buttons that looked like missile launching buttons :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl::sweat_smile:
Did ya leave it shredded or tape it up?

2 Likes

Got a new one from the wreckers eventually :grin:

1 Like

renamed thread to more general ingenious stuff

6 Likes

The fuck is that

2 Likes

Looks like a caster wheel trailer hitch…clever

4 Likes

Hoo and the bearings allows the bike to still lean while turning, while the trailer stays straight !?

1 Like

Looks like 3 axes of movement- yaw, tilt and roll all covered

1 Like

The design is very anti humidity

3 Likes