ENNOID XLITE & VESC

Global parts shortage is probably making it difficult or impossible to manufacture certain models.

Global chip shortage :smirk:

always has been

Looking forward to 15S

15S model has been available on the website for almost half a year before going out of stock. Febrary untill begin of september. I have a few in stock right now because some customers were ready to pay more for the expensive IC and decided to build a small batch even if it does not make sense on price tagā€¦ LTC6812 is now 50$+ per IC so price of the board gies up as wellā€¦Write me in PM if you are ready to pay for it. Otherwise, just buy the 24S model, it is cheaper and will work just fine with 15S pack.

Part shortage is not a joke man.

1 Like

always has been

Troll. There is one for you if you are ready to pay for itā€¦write me in PM. I have a few SS-15 that I can sell in exchange of 250USD +shipping.

You should have followed the project more closely then, because 6 or 8 month available on the website was not so quick IMOā€¦ some companies with large pockets bought large batches of the SS-15 during last summer (sold a few hundreds to companies im different batches). Some folks placed reservations in the google form, but honestly if you really wanted it, you should have done a bit more effort than filling the form. There was simply too much order coming in and I had no time for filling individual orders over email and all logistics behind, some early reservation holder considered it too expensive. Reservation list allowed me to see the demand for different product thought.

I started selling the boards at 150$ and raised the price every months because parts were harder to find and more expensive. I changed many IC to keep producing meanwhile.

The XLITE12 & XLITE 24 will be soon released in very limited qty on the website. 150USD & 175USD respectively. If everything goes well, I will build a small batch of 50 of both version after that. Same apply for my 100V 125A ESC at 200USD

1 Like

good news! Can you add bolt holes to mount ESC case plates against surface?

No case for now on ESC. You 3dprint your own if you need one. There are mounting holes on the PCB. Step file & pinout diagram are already on the website. 5.02 & 5.03 firmware for E VESC are on github. PCB design filea are not open source like for other new hardware, otherwise Iā€™ll get copied fast by chinese copycat.

1 Like

does it come with the aluminium plates in the picture?

Not for now. I will update picture soon. Plates are attempt to hide some stuff while it get released, but you still get the idea where this thing is going.

1 Like

looking good!

3 Likes

I was gonna try to get one, but not now that youā€™re calling me a troll for no reason. Seriously, not a way to conduct business. Be better than that.

1 Like

if 100amps is not enough with SS-HD, xlite or output bypass is the way to go?

With XLITE boards, discharge path is bypassed by default. It is a charge only BMS with remote discharge path. It can still be used during discharge for reporting cell voltage to VESC. There is a 5V CAN enable pin for that. So once the VESC is turned on, the XLITE will turn ON as well (if 5V is connected to VESC) and will start reporting to VESC.

SS boards are designed to monitor both charge & discharge paths. Both paths are separates and the BMS can take over the discharge path if something goes wrong. The SS also manage the device power button, precharging and an external I2C display.

On another note, I donā€™t have any design at the moment that have common path for charge & discharge. I have some customer that would like to have this kind of BMS, but I canā€™t do it all by myself on a short period of time. So basically, not yet ready for that topic, but still curious to know if others would be interested.

1 Like

Okay so my application needs 84v 200-300amps peakā€¦ Xlite best option?

Depends on what you mean with peak and what you want for a BMS. charge+discharge or charge only control.

Heat is the real issue here. SS might work well if the peaks are short enough.

@ENNOID I have a problem that looks like a 11 out of 10.
My LTC6812 gets hot when I plug in the ballance wires and I get this in the tool:

I verified that the voltages are correct on the balance wires.
Guess I have a dead unobtainium ICā€¦

Any more info to share? How this happened exactly?

I have a few IC left for this kind of scenarioā€¦ no worries, but this kind of failure seems quite strange to me. Did you misconnected a bunch of wires, shorted main wire to ESC? Such damage would mean that channel 6 & 8 received a large voltage spike for a brief period of time, enough time to damage the internal TVS.

1 Like

Iā€™m confused as well. I changed the balance wireing today while putting back together my diy onewheel but I made sure all the voltages are correct.
Can this happen while plugging in the balance wires?
When I measure at the plugged in balance wires one cell gets pulled down to 3,5V and another gets pulled to 4V. when disconnected all cells are at 3,8V

Strange, it does not happen while plugging in the balance connector if the pinout order is right.There are many internal TVS protection built into the IC to protect against that. Are you sure you havenā€™t reversed a wire?