Enertion Raptor 2 hub motor

I dont think he’s trying to come off as rude. There’s always 2 sides to a story and sometimes you just gotta figure out who’s right by your own experience. He’s simply stating the issues people have had in order to make others aware of possible safety issues and risks they are taking

2 Likes

i got no weed

runs away

1 Like

FYI: The best hubs ever made are Hummie Hubs, and he’s in the process of offering another round of them.

1 Like

THANK YOU.

SEE, super meanie @frame ?

1 Like

650$ is a steep, but it’s also a kikstarter and price most likely won’t be firm in the future

1 Like

i almost fell victim of buying a raptor 2 back when jason did his tours. I was a few clicks away from buying it but the long waiting time was what stopped me from doing it. BOY AM I GLAD.

4 Likes

No, brother. Read. @hummieee is a legend for a reason. He’s delivered numerous rounds already and there’s a lifetime warranty.

1 Like

Same for me with a Unity. Only the lack of Paypal saved me.

BULLETS DODGED.

1 Like

But yes, they’re not cheap.

no, i don’t think he was rude, and there are always 2 sides of story. mboards still suck tho

im not mean, i swear

bro, i put the board in the cart and left it hanging in hopes of getting a discount code or some shit, then all the reports of raptor wheels going kaboom went up in the air…the rest is history now

2 Likes

I don’t blame him though, with costs of material right now to make those kinds of motors aint cheap especially with the pandemic making a bunch of factories produce less

1 Like

Tbh I don’t think I’ve met a single person that likes that site

1 Like

which should still be treated with caution. Regardless of who claims it.

1 Like

Yes, but this is Hummie. Special case.

1 Like

Thanks for the compliments and I do try to make the most durable hubs. given the history of hub motors in eskate it seems worth striving for.

Thinks are still coming. So slow. Multiple reasons.

I did offer a lifetime warranty on these latest motors to motivate possible supporters. The reality is the design is completely new other than the tire motor interface, which has been the problem with many if not all hubs in the past. At this point with now years of testing the tire has proven safe.

Polyurethane can be thermoform or thermoset. We use thermoset and it will still deteriorate at higher temps and you can read temps as low as 160f for that happening. It greatly depends on what pu as to how it survives and that’s why did the Kickstarter: to get the money raised to get the reliable stuff made in mass instead of just the “samples”

7 Likes

They were marketed as supposed to be pushed to the limits…

I bought my raptor from a guy who crashed twice, second one ended him in a coma.

Needless to say i got a good price on it, including a “raptor ruckus” t-shirt from Jp himself :rofl:

When the raptor craze was still on i sold my hubs + sleeves for 500 bucks to some ignorant fool, i literally also told him all the risks involved.

Very glad I got them out of my life, raptor was also a bad buy. Only good thing was the unity.

1 Like

damnnnnnn

Why would you push any motor of aby kind do its limits though…that’s asking for trouble. If you don’t replace the wheels when they crack then that’s the only danger I see because chunks will come off but other than that they work perfectly fine and I haven’t had any issues so far.