Enertion Raptor 2 hub motor

They arent even that bad. Best hub motors I’ve found that’s under 200$… soooooo

1 Like

These hubs aren’t meant for races anyway lol people push these things to their limits and wonder why they fail

1 Like

No one ever said they weren’t powerful. But there’s no question they overheat and came with subpar sleeves.

1 Like

Then the issue is with the formula they use for their urethane wheels. Not the hubs themselves. Which is kinda why I asked for alternatives as well

2 Likes

Right, but they don’t exist.

2 Likes

Read here:

2 Likes

I feel some company out there could custom fit some. Maybe

1 Like

from google: Polyurethane does not have a melting point because it is a thermosetting polymer, so when it is made, it becomes irreversibly hard. When exposed to extreme heat, polyurethane ignites and burns. Its melting point is approximately 110 °C (230 °F)

now i want to know how hot those motor can get to explode a chunk of wheels at 30mph

2 Likes

I’m not trying to rain on your parade, only to show that this has been tried without success already. Very few people want to invest in making sleeves for a flawed product.

That’s the thing, I don’t think they are meant for going that fast. At most maybe 23 pr 25mph cause they seem to be very good cruiser wheels

I know and I appreciate the feedback and the different side to the story, it gives me an idea of what to look out for and what to prepare for

3 Likes

I never owned them because of the horror stories, and I wanted them bad at one point. But I never shopped with MBoards and I can safely state that place sucks.

1 Like

I will say, I think they changes their urethane formula at some point but they were a little too late and went under. So there’s a chance I got the new formula. Very small but a chance lol

1 Like

I hope that’s the case. You’re clearly happy with them, and that’s all that matters.

u hear stories about the bear, u stay away from the cave, u don’t pick up a stick and start poking. as simple as that

1 Like

I’m happy with them mainly because the way they are price wise. Cheapest hubs I found that were actually decent. I was on a tight budget when I made this board lol but if these ever fail I have this wonderful community to go to now for suggestions on better hubs

1 Like

I’ll have some of whatever you’re smoking, friend.

3 Likes

I dont think he’s trying to come off as rude. There’s always 2 sides to a story and sometimes you just gotta figure out who’s right by your own experience. He’s simply stating the issues people have had in order to make others aware of possible safety issues and risks they are taking

2 Likes

i got no weed

runs away

1 Like

FYI: The best hubs ever made are Hummie Hubs, and he’s in the process of offering another round of them.

1 Like