Enertion - A Eulogy

Jason, in desperate need of funding, decided to approach the mafia for a loan, but when those funds dried up and he couldn’t pay, they decided to make an example of him? Is he at the bottom of a river somewhere?

8 Likes

You wouldn’t believe the number of people who tried to tell this to Jason-Friend.

Jason-Friend was… Very set in his opinions about the thermodynamic properties surrounding heatsink/pipe technology despite having no relevant engineering background on the topic.

If that patent filing wasn’t a complete fabrication I’d print it and frame that shit. Comedy.

9 Likes

Actually I think it works perfectly. After riding a raptor off road (idk why), I suddenly discovered the purpose of it: by spreading the heat around from the motors to the hanger, it severely demotivates mall grabbing. Hence the side handles.

7 Likes

Hubris, the word you’re looking for here is, hubris

2 Likes

I think it may be a .htaccess issue on original site to stop images being leeched …

2 Likes

Thanks. Any chance you can join us in here and assist my tiny brain?

I think the spacecell pro 3 and 4 were also very good products. I’m still riding around on one today. Single rspec 6374 with the carbon mount. Love the power !

1 Like

June of 2016, back when I used to answer nearly every customer support email for Enertion/Jason. Also back when 90% of the emails were genuine questions, rather than people getting screwed over and wanting their money back.

Jason got me into esk8, on the OG EndlessSphere forum for those of you who remember our little skateboard section. He became my boss, a friend, and even wrote me recommendation letters when I was applying to colleges and ultimately other jobs. It’s sad to see how Enertion is no more, and how much of that was as a direct result of Jason’s actions.

He meant well, but after years of pushing and pushing with Enertion, I think his perspectives got warped to the outcome we saw over the last few years.

34 Likes

Haha, but I can confirm the newer axle is a lot colder then the 2.0 (8mm and 10mm) ones.
While I could heat up the old hanger to 80 degrees C in about 5 minutes, with the motors sitting around 100 the newer one with the heatpipe doesn’t exceed 60 in the same scenario.
There was some huge marketing bullshit, but it’s colder. But yeah, refrain from mall grabbing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Lee_Wright When can you tell us the rest of the story ???

4 Likes

Lee, brother, I hate to be the one to inform you of this but it appears you have been tried & judged by a jury of your peers and found to be:

Guilty of being a massive cocktease.

Spill it you big teddy bear. The people demand it.

25 Likes

Another ex enertion employee was dangling this info around last week. Guess there is some tea to be spilled.

9 Likes

spill the fucking tea.

10 Likes

If nobody’s gonna spill any beans, we can just start rumours.

I heard Jason got busted smuggling smack shipments in empty Raptor 2 boxes.

8 Likes

I heard it was marijuana in tea bags

7 Likes

I heard it was was both and they were in his prison pocket.

3 Likes

When I asked him for my money or Unitys he removed me as a friend on Facebook :joy:

22 Likes

Pure fucking class.

8 Likes

A local friend of mine got in pretty serious debt, but instead of running away, he sold his really nice house, moved into modest but good digs, paid all his debts, kept all his accounts as a result, and feels he will be able to buy a nice home again in about three years.

17 Likes

good one

4 Likes