Enclosure Recommendations

I’m sure someone had done an enclosure lay up with a burlap sack and epoxy

3 Likes

Depending where u look it’s strong stuff. A lot nicer to work with

What are your thoughts on polycarbonate?

I’ve used it quite a bit in robots and it’s extremely durable.

I guess I’ll be the first to tag him but…

@eBoosted has got the good good

3 Likes

Takes high heat to form besides being subject to bubbles and not stiff enough. Think would collapse, crush your stuff, then rebound and box fine but stuff crushed, if u bottomed out. If u don’t bottom out probably pretty ideal

1 Like

Oh right forming it is easy but without bubbles is fairly difficult.

You can make vacuum forming machines for them, we were building one in our school shop. Not sure if they got it working.

Good point about it being flexible enough to allow you stuff to get crushed, if I were to use it I would have some bracing down the center in between the parallel packs.

Maybe it more has a place in top mounted battery enclosures, although I just thought about how cool it would be to have a clear deck made of thicc polycarbonate.

T-shirts count as fiber lol?

1 Like

I’ve seen an acrylic deck and it needed a beam all along it because was so flex. Pc is even more flexible. A clear deck would be nice. There was some company, done k ie if they’re around anymore, but they did a largely translucent deck w fiberglass. Had colors added. Showed some cool vid of their infusion method and mold
Just bought 50 decks so will try some natural fiber boxes. A t-shirt fabric might not be bad at all.

1 Like

Check out what these fellas are up to.
Hemp reinforced, just like you.

9 Likes

I read the bio resin is kinda bull though. Hard to know what they’re talking bout if not a chemist but hardly environment friendly

1 Like

Flax is where its at for natural fibre. I want to try some flax skinning on a deck.

2 Likes

For quite some time I only search for deck that @eBoosted has a enclosure for.

My experience :
Top notch quality
2-3 weeks to get your enclosure
Shipping is kinda expensive cause he’s from Peru but I think he charge the same shipping $40 for multiple enclosure so if you can have someone buy with you could save some bucks.

Also heard good things about @BigBen but I never bought one from him so can’t say anything. He’s based on UK.

4 Likes

I thought we couldn’t use metal or carbon fiber as it would distrup signal?

Not @Psychotiller 3 emails no reply over a month no shipping info. Had to lodge a paypal case still no update. I know he is busy but a short email “hey Jacob I am super busy will take 6 week or do you want a refund” Huge respect for the guy but enertion has me rattled with esk8 orders

5 Likes

Oh yeah I did hear about that… Shame when people don’t care about taking people’s money with false promises.

I’d really like if someone could weigh in on what when enclosure they would pick for this deck.

37" long 7.25" wide. I can get the clearance height under the deck too I forgot to measure that and the usable deck space.
Needs to fit 60 cells w/BMS plus unity

He originally wanted a backpack battery or a top mount but I convinced him to go with an enclosure. Opinions about that welcome too, what do you think about the graphic?

1 Like

@Fosterqc Graphic is gonna get covered anyway so :man_shrugging: it looks stiff, is it?

60 cells with bms and unity looks like it will be extremely tight if you wanna stay single stack, you could only use a very small charge only bms.

3 Likes

Has enclosure

2 Likes

I’mma disagree on this lol

1 Like

Do they? Where?