Enclosure for 121c aileron?

Hey guys- got a nice deal on the aileron cosmetic defect deck and I mounted some blue TB 110s. Thing looks silly- I think someone did something similar In the past-

Going w two small belt drives - to
Mount an enclosure, would you drill through this?

Epoxy? What options does one have w carbon fiber? Happy Sunday all :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DerelictRobot @BenjaminF

1 Like

Pretty sure @Skyart also scooped one of these up, or am I stupid

1 Like

I did scoop, but no plans to electrify it yet

2 Likes

We used one half of the eBoosted loaded vanguard Enclosure for the Aileron

4 Likes

show us them atrocious pics :rofl:

2 Likes

fuck you louis this enclosure looks sick

15 Likes

Sexxxxxy- how did you mount to it? I have never tried drilling through CF- is it the same as you would w typical decks and mounting hardware ?

Cheers

2 Likes
1 Like

I may just end up epoxying it or using some heavy duty Velcro. We need some new ways to mount or hold components in without drilling decks- I’ve thought about neodymium magnets… and I’m sure nothing is as strong as drilled mounts but I’d like to experiment w some other options

1 Like

How will you open it for maintenance?

Vibration is a killer when it comes to stuff like this. The other thing is having a proper enclosure seal will make or break your build.

I highly recommend taking the time to properly drill and mount the enclosure.

1 Like

this deck looks like it’ll break the second I step on it jeez. I know that it’s probably indestructible because of the CF, but holy cow it’s thin.

2 Likes

This is true

This is also true :joy: it’s quite unnerving.

The carbon fiber in these decks is really something else. Its stronger than any other composite or CF I have ever worked with. 121c’s marketing about this being aerospace grade is no joke.

3 Likes

10 Likes

This shit will never not be funny to me :joy: its so simple, amd so genius, while also being so absurd :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I swear I giggle every time I look at this thing…

but, but, I have been riding the heck out of it and doing ollies and stuff.

and it totally works…

I have another deck I am going to do the same thing to, so I can ride it, and get the feel… as i try to sort out a proper enclosure.

3 Likes

There’s nothing more permanent than a temporary solution :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Here’s another idea that uses heavy duty velcro straps and elastic velcro bands. I haven’t ridden it much more than around the block to test yet, but it feels pretty solid and holds up a 10s3p pack easily. I was trying to make a temporary, swappable enclosure to test different board setups.

3 Likes