Enclosure bending?

On the other forum I saw a guy who bent his psychotiller enclosure with a heat gun to fit his concave board, so I wanted to do the same thing but the problem is that I want to install the enclosure on a landyachtz switchblade

So do you guys have any ideas how I can reform the enclosure to fit the switchblade or is it the same procedure?

3 Likes

To heat form ABS to fit an enclosure, i fear it might wrinkle and deform on you, leaving a half melted saggy look. If you have the buck, i suggest getting one of these

https://www.eboardsperu.com/product/landyachtz-switchblade-40-enclosure/

But if you do want to go ahead with the heat forming, you can do it with a pair of heat resistant gloves or oven mitts, and a heat gun and slowly heat the edges and press it to conform to the deck.

3 Likes

Doable, but a dangerous game you are playing there.

2 Likes

Go really slow through the process, make small a subtle changes. You don’t have to make it perfectly in line right away, ABS will bend/flex a little more when you bolt it down too

4 Likes

Unfortunately eboosted’s enclosure is just too expensive for my budget tbh cuz the shipping alone (to Germany) is really expensive

When my deck reaches I’ll give it a try without bending it first and hopefully it works

1 Like

Switchblades need a @BigBen enclosure :ok_hand:

1 Like

Which model switchblade?

2 Likes

40 inches 12s5p +bms+unity

I bent my psychotiller enclosure. I just put a little longer bolts and suck the enclosure down a little at a time. By going bolt to bolt in a cross cross pattern. Not sure how far off your enclosure is from your deck . I have a red ember soma its W concaved
Edit: I forgot to add my enclosure is skinned in CF with silvertip epoxy so the holes won’t pull through. I also used big washwrs and nylon washers between the c.f. and the bolts.

2 Likes

I agree with Tim. This is doable, but dangerous. Don’t try to get it perfect, once it fits STOP. It’s really easy to go too far and any attempts to fix it only make it worse and worse and worse.

2 Likes

I did the same as @BigZwatt the only thing i would add is to use larger washers and watch your heat around the bolts so the bolts dont pull through the holes.

2 Likes

I did this on a BB enclosure. Will document soon.
tl;dr Avoid if you can.

2 Likes