eLOFTY Direct Drive first impressions! - The Future of Esk8? (A Lee Wright Video)

They’re a joy to use, and have the ratchet release for your wrist, which is super easy to get on and off. This is what I use.

Oh wow… erm - interesting. I just checked them out, no wrist protection. One of the biggest things for esk8 protection

@Tonkatron channel takeover bro! Next two vids are all about you too! :rofl:

1 Like

People definitely like Mo more than you Lee. Sorry my dude.

Keith #1 though

2 Likes

It’s ok bro, I am a dick. I’m used to it by now

At least you’re not flaccid :kissing_heart:

Since the hanger is casted. The square key and socket is not perfect. If the nut that holds the motor in come loose. The motor core will have room to wiggle and make noise when the motor is not under load.

But tightening the nut all the way in is also bad. When the motor is all the way against the casted hanger. The two mating surface provides leverage that put higher stress at the one point where the axle comes out of the casted hanger. That’s what happened last time when it snapped, I over tightened that nut.

So my plan is to use nylon washer as spacers between hanger and motor and motor to nut so the nut is holding the motor and there would be room for the axle to flex just a bit when I hit bumps. And I will use either shims or high temp silicone at the key and socket to provide the rotational hold so the motor doesn’t bang around.

2 Likes

are you sure about the thing with the leverage?

Actually same wrist protection as your “Flatland 3D” rebrand of the same glove, minus knuckle protection, full fingers, and the quick ratchet system.

Physics tells me yes theoretically. Not 100% sure but my intuition tells me to give some flexibility between that mating surface would spread the stress over a larger area.

i had better results in a dynamic simulation where the surfaces met. but my design is different. gotta looka at your picture again.

Edit: Looked closer at elofty design. They made it quick and dirty…i don’t see a radius on the axle stepdowns.

Where is the omni directional wrist plate on the top of the glove? Those pads are the scaphoid protection.

Didn’t know there was a new version. Any proof / video that the new plate does anything?

There is no new one, the pro esk8 glove has this plate in the top. Look I dont work for them and I am not paid by them so I dont want to spend time here defending them. The gloves you linked do not have wrist protection, the ones I wear do. I like these, they have protected me in a few crashes and held up. You wear the ones you like and I wear these, awesome!

If you are really interested, I have a video about these gloves where I show the wrist plate. You can make your own mind up about them

Before the Pro there was the Original. I’m interested, which is why I asked for proof. Never mind, I’ll see what I can find.

Oh, and Scaphoid protection is wrist protection, maybe not as comprehensive, but that remains to be seen.

The scaphoid protection is to prevent a twisting injury, the uni directional plate is to prevent an overextension of the wrist backwards. There is only one model of the pro esk8 glove (the one I wear) they have an older fingerless glove which I assume you are thinking of?

Here is a link to the flatland shop, take a look and see what you think

https://flatland3d.com/shop/