eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Since you said it didn’t work for you, I printed 2 test pieces(hole dia 5.7 and 5.9) and they fitted exactly as they should with 5.7 having no play at all. Hmm, maybe it’s the printer’s fault.

3 Likes

I did the same but with POM. Metal to metal fitting require high tolerance. +/- 0.01mm would result in either too small or too much play for my liking.

5.6mm to 5.9mm would work for POM, press-fit to drop-fit.

1 Like

Karl,
How do you want me to send the items to @mikenyc, all (hubs, eLofty drive and TB wheels) or just hubs?

1 Like

@dickyho do you think you’ll be making an adapter for your airless wheels? :slight_smile:

(these ones: https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-inch-145X40-airless-wheel-for-electric-skateboard-longboard-with-wheel-pulley/303037087821?hash=item468e6b004d:m:m0DGdo5bhJtMcfRVxMPE_4Q

Question is, will that wheel fit on a standard skateboard trucks in the first place?

1 Like

it has 8mm bearings.
and @ryansinatra used it in his build nice

Yeah, then probably won’t work. Same as 6" pneumatics.

you mean make adapter for the airless wheel to press fit install?

1 Like

wait, why not?
Are the axles too short?
Or 10mm?

Yeah the eLofty axles are too short for regular AliExpress 6" Pneumatics. I am not sure about the airless tires though.

2 Likes

the full assembly, minus the wheels!

@Skunk when should the SR TKP’s be arriving?

1 Like

Soon. Had some issues getting it sent out.

1 Like

I ordered my drives during the group buy and they still have not even shipped :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

If you are not mistaken, you had mentioned that you were still talking to her regarding which version you wanted(75 or 58KV). So when did you finally place the order? And what is Kenna saying regarding the shipping?

I added the following section in the main post:

3D printed hub adapter:

Currently only the Bergmeister 150mm wheels are supported. It was designed by @landonkun and tested by @DAddYE . The files are here:

6 Likes

I confirmed with her on June 2nd - she had said she would contact me with details but has kinda avoided it every time I ask :confused:

I asked Keena about the status of my order yesterday. She said has shipped and I will get tracking at the beginning of the week.

Yeah, I asked Kenna and she’ll give me the tracking number on Monday.

Im working with Kenna to reformat her shop. it will be easier and less guessing game. probably adds a limited time forum discount code in the future.

9 Likes

Yes, she mentioned that. Supremely cool of you, because that’s not a strength of hers at this point.

6 Likes