eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

ah ok cool are you running AT wheels. That is my plan too. So the speed was correct. Then the motor were probably really under stress. It never happne to me to go at 7kmh on up hill. That is probably above 30% grade.

1 Like

Yeah, values are definitely weird. It shows that motor current and battery current is 0, the speed is -1 and consumption is 99. @rpasichnyk, any idea what’s going on just before the cutoff.

I sent the logs. I’m on flipsky 4.20 plus and latest stock fw

Thanks for the invite @mishrasubhransu
Finally got in after doing the resend activation email couple times.

Heres my elofty DD that replaced my meepo nls hub motors and unity as the brain.
Settings so far on Sanyo 10s2p
20/-12
55/-50

Feels faster and climbs better than a boosted board which is what I was after so loving it.
Also just got the 105mm tires

10 Likes

Welcome, David!

1 Like

I also started using this wheel recently. Range will be shorter, but the riding feel is good. comfortable.

2 Likes

Don’t see the motor wire adapters listed anywhere on Lofty’s store, did you guys ask for them explicitly through email?

If you’re talking about these:

They have been phased out in favor of MR-type connector.

1 Like

Can someone post a photo of current gen connector?

2 Likes

@topcloud really looking forward to the baseplates, already saving for this. Big thanks for all your efforts!
ありがとうございます! :pray:

3 Likes

wow, where does one even buy a connector like this?

写真をありがとうございました。

1 Like

Hope that helps. Maybe Amazon has them too. Amass MR30

4 Likes

Yes very comfortable especially with the bamboo deck.

Its kind of harder to turn now with these TKP trucks and/or wider trucks. (Meepo was my first skateboard ever)
Is it just something to get use to? The board looks like its tilting just as much but the trucks dont turn as much. I loosed the bushings to the end already.

Because the MEEPO bamboo deck is soft, the turn may seem difficult. You should feel the difference when combined with a harder deck.

2 Likes

Probably need to swap out the bushings. Width of the trucks shouldn’t really affect your turning radius.

2 Likes

I went with the Independent Cushions 88a. I’ll try to get the 78a and see if it helps.
Wish these trucks worked with Nipples…

1 Like

If they’re the same as Evolve DKP’s, then Riptide bushings will work with it. You just have to buy specific size bushings.

For Evolve you needed regular barrel bushings board-side and shortstreetseries bushings road-side and doubled up since it’s a DKP truck.

:arrow_up:
Exactly this! And with enpugh lean your turning radius should be tighter then with the RKP trucks. But those DKP’s need some time to getting used to. Mushy and twitchy at the same time.
@dcxeternal

1 Like

Even with the TKP setup I find the turning radius to be smaller than RKP. I assume DKP would be even smaller.

1 Like

Hubs work on both 6x2 aliexpress and Haggy pneumatic tires

14 Likes