eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Did you try them dual kingpin aswell?

What exactly dont u like, about them?

1 Like

I canā€™t imagine dkp, since I already hate TKP.

Most of my qualms can probably be chalked up to: ā€œyouā€™re an idiot and you have a bad setup bushing/baseplate-wiseā€

But Iā€™m not even looking to get deeper into the TKP life, I just want my RKP back lol.

1 Like

Hmmm it wouldnt be that hard to make a rkp truck for these motors however i donā€™t know if its worth to do soā€¦ Maybe if other people show interest, otherwise it will be an expensive venture xD

1 Like

Maybe file down and lathe a cast truck with 10mm axle :thinking:

2 Likes

@Sn4Pz Iā€™ve got some Kahua hangers coming in. Iā€™m gonna try and machine one down to work with the motors. I have a spare direct drive shaft I can try and use or just make a new one if needed.

4 Likes

Oof let me know please.

Iā€™m hoping it can be done with the TB hanger since I know I already enjoy the feel of it more :thinking:

Iā€™ve contacted SurfNacho, but heā€™s busy with his studies right now. Iā€™ll let you know when he updates me / how it continues.

Honestly though, Iā€™m not sure a solution that works for you will work for me. Our drives are differentā€¦ But exactly how different or similar they are, I donā€™t know.

Youā€™ve got the V1 ?

1 Like

Yepper, the smooth cans with 8 can screws & the short adapters

2 Likes

Yeah the Berg adapter I had printed would have fit yours perfect. I had to do some machining to get mine to fit :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Why not start with a square profile truck?

3 Likes

Cause I like a challenge lol. I got a really good deal on a couple Kahua hangers.

2 Likes

PPPPPPpppssssstā€¦ I ainā€™t sayinā€™ nuttinā€™ about nuttinā€™ but when I did what youā€™re contemplating, i 3d printed out the exact shape I needed, and made it tighten with the wheel nutsā€¦ shaping the ali is no probā€¦ Ifā€™n youā€™re planning on reusing the axlesā€¦ go slowā€¦ donā€™t add any stress risers, and go slowā€¦ and wild @BillGordon has a valid point about square to square being easierā€¦ but what fun iz that???.. itā€™s only a sk8boardā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve got an extra v3 axel already. Gonna try and duplicate the original hanger on the Kahua. If I fail them I still have another one to go with Plan B. ( no plan b yet :rofl: )

3 Likes

Also what youā€™re saying is I need a 3D printer nowā€¦:thinking::thinking:

1 Like

hmmm is the kahua truck a 12mm axle?

suddenly this started to become a bad idea

2 Likes

Sure is ! Got some insider info :wink:

1 Like

Better Hanger Photo

3 Likes

Most of that will be machined off. Plan is get the axel hole to be 12mm. Press the elofty axel in and pin it in place. Basically gonna try and duplicate as much as I can from the original

4 Likes

That should be onewow, i guess?
ā€¦aaand thatā€™s complete bullshit.
Onewow should be the oem of elofty-style drives.

3 Likes

How are you going to hold onto the kahua hanger while you machine it out?

What machines are you planning on working with?

1 Like