eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

@murdomeek, I would modify the graphic and change the F4 bushing to a 93a Barrel and the R3 to a 96a ShortStreetBarrel

1 Like

Yes sensored of course. It might also work with the new vesc firmware with HFI.

1 Like

Iā€™ll extend my sensor wires and try it out again. I need good brakes and sensorless DD just doesnā€™t cut it

Hi, I have got the Elofty DD 7A410563-7BEB-46AC-91D5-4486BAC47206.heic (2.1 MB) 72 kv motors since 1 year, I am very happy, there are powerful, I would like order new ones, the web site do not exist anymore, no contact with Kenna, do you know if we can order new ones somewhere ?

Boundmotor has them.

Or you can get a hold of @Winflyā€™s guy who apparently has the newer redesigned elofty drives.

1 Like

great, thank you for your help :grinning: :+1:

Silly question: if you like them and they are ok, why ordering new ones?

I start to have vibrations, maybe the bearings which are tired or the axis, I use my board every day to go to work, except when it rains, but I work on mudguards. so I want to anticipate a mechanical problems

1 Like

Mudguards? Do you have a pic? I sort of need those :sweat_smile:

1 Like

i have the same deck (moose landyachtz copy) with evolve truck, you may want to de wedge the front the angles are a bit to aggressive for double king pin. I also recommend a stiff enclosure unless you weigh >120lbs 8 ply is on a 40ā€™ may leed to some scraping especially with that super drop 1/2 inch risers will also help. i am using 7" wheels and 1/2" riser and still getting scapes on flat terrain. My solution will be to add carbon fibre to this deck. But a stiff enclosure would also help.

If I took out one of the kingpins (for lowering the deck and shortening the wheelbase) is there anything I should change to preserve the lean, turn, and radius?

@RipTideSports could you help me out here? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@annihil8ted are you changing a Evolve DKP to a TKP? If so, I have not tried this.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s exactly what I want to do. I figured that everything else the same, taking out one of the kingpins would make the trucks less maneuverable but more steady?

2 Likes

I am guessing that is correct but you will need to try it to see. A destacked DKP design may turn less than a TKP so be easy on the throttle

1 Like

Will try for science!

Although tbh, Iā€™ve pretty much just ridden on whatever setup is present at hand so aside from ā€œjeez this turns horribleā€ and ā€œgood enoughā€ I donā€™t know whats a decent setup :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a set of destacked DKPs attached to some g-bombs that Iā€™ll be trying out as soon as this cold and wet lets upā€¦

2 Likes

I actually weighing around 120 lbs lol. Iā€™m trying to make an enclosure with kydex so I think it will stand. I was thinking to wedge the front and back too with 3d printed risers. Now Iā€™m just worrying about the motor and whether it wonā€™t come undone due to lack of locktite.

This is right.
Iā€™m actually riding with a single kingpin.

did anyone try the new HFI mode on the elofty direct drives?

Iā€™ve read good things over at this thread: VESC-Tool 2.0 and Firmware 4.0 - The beginning of a new era - (SERIOUS)

I might have some time over the weekend to try it out. Iā€™m mainly curious on how the braking will be since this is direct drive compared to mostly belt drive user testing over on that thread

1 Like

destacking a DKP truck will give you a truck of about 35 degreesā€¦ I knowā€¦ I run a DKP front and a destacked DKP to TKP truck in the rearā€¦ split angle 50-35 it handles great, carvey but also stable at speedā€¦

for a front truck I donā€™t think youā€™ll be happy unless you wedge the front truck after destackingā€¦

3 Likes