eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Looks like the boundmotor.com drives are the faulty ones (auto-unscrewing madness)
Stay away from them or take off ALL screws before any ride and glue the hell out of them.
If you want something more reliable look for these drives with screws on the cans:

2 Likes

How is the clearance with 90mm wheels? Fuck now i kinda want them for that price to put on my pantheon trip -.-

@Winfly any update on RKP DD making a comeback?

Anyone could tell me which bushings to choose for my DKP trucks? They are quite wobbly at high speed even when tightened hard

1 Like

The best person to ask is @RipTideSports.

(I actually also need a set, though I might run it in TKP)

2 Likes

I have almost the same setup. Add some riptide cups and new bushings your set to carve keep you weight on the front at speeds its a little loose in the tail good at <25km but scarey as shit at >45km/h I am used to it now, despite having a broken arm not related to the stability of the board more related to me being a idiot.

1 Like

I used riptide cups and bought the evolve bushing tuning kit, as the trucks are very similar. I have mine dialed in quite well,but at top speed with my 12S pack the tail can get a but flighty still. I am consider modifying rkp trucks to fit the motors.

1 Like

If @CoolBay is who I think he is on FB, he’s the only one asked to get a RKP from lofty. He also introduced me to the guy in charge and I was talking to him. The boss said exactly the same thing. Kenna was using lofty’s name and sold V1 clones from other factories without permission and those are the ones that are having issues. If you want a set of real lofty DD you should be looking for this version in dkp or rkp.

image https://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/optimized/3X/5/6/560e0480c6a06a836442670cda0be10d9c00442b_2_666x500.jpeg

He said new ones comes in 64 ish kv to match with foamies. He has also got those dkp belt drive dual 5065 and 6368 kits coming to the market.

8 Likes

Is there a site that has the latest DD with rkp add pictured?
Thanks for the update Winfly

@CoolBay custom ordered. It my guess is if anyone is interested you will have to do the same. Unless we do a groupbuy on these. If there’s significant interest I can get you guys prices.

3 Likes

I know id be interested in these for sure. i dont like chinese DKP trucks

Also might be interested in the newer rpk dds…

@Winfly let’s find out how many people they would need to do a proper GB! From what I understand, the current DKP motors are cross compatible with the RKP HANGERS. That’s what Jack from Onewow told me today. So do you think your connection would be open to selling the trucks only ??

2 Likes

DKP aside, I think the more important thing here are better (and hopefully still cheap) DD. Personally, the trucks are fine if I can get reliable motors

If you are sorry about the can unscrewing it self, that’s not an issue on this v2 lofty drive. I have done a disassembly post somewhere above and the two end caps are bolted on with 6 screws. The only problem I had was the not pressing the drive in on the right side get loose over time because hard braking apply torque to unscrew counterclockwise.

1 Like

Yeah it’s the same drive on a different hanger. He told me he needs a 20sets moq to do a groupbuy.

2 Likes

Wait, I own a set of the 58kv DD’s from @Esk8supply. Will the “New” version drives fit the RKP hangars? If so I’m super interested in a rear hangar only.

DKP is ass, I already spent about $50 on bushings but if I could run RKP that would make it much better.

Count me in :slight_smile:

BILLL I have a confession

Atleast i didnt buy the dd drives… at full price…

That deal was just too good :sob:

1 Like

Lofty-skateboard.com is gone.

2 Likes