eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

The axle does have a bearing spacer though, its the stepped axle. However point still stands. You shouldn’t be burning through bearings like that.

Also I’m not sure what the adapter is made from as it’s only magnetic on the kegel pins.

2 Likes

Hmm for me the stepped axel doesn’t reach all the way to the inner ring of the outer bearing. Further more, the outer bearing sits halfway between the axel and the axel threads. Yeah although I would put the blames more on the bearings as I think I got 100 for $20? :sweat_smile:

Yeah that is quite interesting. For the kegal adapter, I’d be worries about one of the pins bending and ruining the entire adapter.

1 Like

I’ll have the drives up and running in about a month or so. Waiting for some more parts. So we’ll see, but yeah those are some shit bearings there my guy lol. I have a spare set of reds I’ll use but I’m still highly skeptical that they’ll last. It’s either they’ll fail or my can will start un-threading like everyone else’s so I’m already planning to run into snags with these drives regardless.

4 Likes

I will say that my order came with much nicer bearings (I think because I bought the cloned boosted wheels) that I’ve neglected to use but that may change soon?

1 Like

Is it possible that the bearings are overtightened ?

2 Likes

:thinking::zipper_mouth_face::woozy_face::wink::wink:

2 Likes

wait, so did you blow the cheapie regular skate bearings?
Or the special sized motor bearings in the DD?

That was one of my concerns. Because there isn’t a spacer in between (my normal spacers were too big) there’s a possibility of over tightening. But I don’t think so because I was also worried that tightening too much would weaken the axle. With the latest bearing, I’ve made sure to tighten until snug and then back a smidge.

I blew 2 cheapie bearings. They’re grease filled shielded (?) bearing

2 Likes

I am interested to see your findings on these

The new pins are really tough, just make sure they are tight.

1 Like

Yep, the axle themselves have the spacer built-in, so you don’t need extra spacers. I am using some cheap bearings as well since I didn’t want to ‘‘waste’’ my brand new bone reds. You might have changed my mind.

1 Like

oh ok, thats “great” to hear.
Yeah I’ve blown a cheap bearings in the past too carving hard on an analog board!
I use “real” bearings for all my serious boards now :stuck_out_tongue:
And stick my cheapies in cruisers for my noob friends + family

1 Like

Yup, lesson learned haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Haven’t read this thread in a week. Looks like I uh… missed out on a few things… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Built and mounted on my drives! Looks sleek! :slight_smile:
I’ll locktite everything when all my other parts arrive

3 Likes

That deck is so nice! Eboosted enclosure?

Sooo I received my Eovan DD board
Got a GREAT deal with this one and It took a long time to come (to daddy) but it’s here.
I’ve ridden the beast for 5 km and still no broken axle or loose screw

Am I lucky? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Don’t have the budget for one :frowning:
I’ll try a DIY enclosure and see how that turns out

1 Like

Haha maybe lucky? But 5KM is pretty early and depends on riding style too. Are you hard accelerating and hard braking? Rought “buzzy” and jarring roads?

That being said, if you’ve been riding like you normally do and it’s held up so far, chances are you’re good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can always get a abs enclosure and wrap it in cf. Pretty inexpensive and can look really good.

2 Likes