eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

Do you have any photos of the screws coming out?

Looks like it’s just the adapter that’s loose? For my adapter, all I did was just apply loctite on all the screws. screw them in tightly, and cure. So far, no problems with the adapters or screws on my end (knock on wood…)

2 Likes

Yep that’s what I Said in my first post😋
Let’s hope loctite will hold !
Thanks

2 Likes

Sooo after à few days waiting for the Rain to stop, and the loctite to dry, I’ve tried my board again and this time it’s the rear plate of the drive that went loose, big noise and all.
I’ve been trying to screw it back with no luck.
I’m soooo angry I could Hurt someone.
Stay away from those crappy drives guys! :triumph:

2 Likes

Contact the guys you buy it from for aftersales.
We have sent replacement motors to our customers who had issues with the drives.

With expoxy and an extra screw holding the can in place now.

4 Likes

Yes but they are not like you :wink:
I’ll try and see where it goes.
Obvioulsly nobody as EVER tested those drives.
CRAZY

3 Likes

Untrue. You just did.

8 Likes

Ahah
Thanks for making things lighter for à minute :grin:

4 Likes

There’s a kernel of truth there. These companies use us as testing dummies all the time. I think they just push this shit out there and hope for the best, and learn with every painful failure we experience.

2 Likes

I’ve used the V1 extensively for a few months without any issues. (before the changed axles and motor can screws change.)
We are working closely with our supplier to make the drive as durable as possible.
I also hope you can resolve the issue with your seller. The can on the new drive have losen on me as well, with some grippy workman gloves and expoxy, I was able to screw and secure the drive.

5 Likes

Thanks guys.
Testing a prototype is OK, Testing a 1000 euros board is NOT OK.
I’ve Kids and esk8 is risky enough like that.
I’m soooo angry

3 Likes

I will also add that I don’t have any unscrewing issues with my cans still and I’ve ridden them everyday for the past 3 weeks. Still hoping it’s not a “just a matter of time” thing but so far so good

1 Like

It took me 10km for the whole drive to fall appart so you should be good :ok_hand:

1 Like

There’s a lot of truth there. I have become a lot more discerning in who I test for. I tested some 6380 motors a while back, special heat dispensation that turned out to be a slap of aluminum that directed the heat back into the slave bearings, causing it to seize and me getting 22 stitches. Not even a “I’m sorry”.

8 Likes

that’s 8 drives that this has happened to that I know of!

2 Likes

Tomorrow I’ll try mine the second time, I hope I’m one of the lucky ones :smiley: Maybe my 4wd config is nicer to the drives running them cooler and distributing forces :thinking: I don’t want to deal with those Elofty people ever again :frowning: With @Esk8supply Nathan I have the feeling that hes really trying to solve the issues, elofty would deny there are any at first i bet.

3 Likes

Hi guys. I’m back in contact with lofty. This time they have some rkp DD and dkp belt drive kit coming out to the market. Personally not super interested in using them but I can organize a US groupbuy. Let me know if you guys are interested. I’m in talking with someone that’s more on hands with the drives and willing to help you fix your problems and it seems like lofty products has become more stable.

I can also import 40T packs from them anything from 3-8p as a good price

interest form.

• RKP DD 65kv
  • Dkp beltdrive dual 5065 or 6368s
  • 40T A stock pack 3-8p

0 voters

1 Like

Can you also organize a group reclamation for the buyers of the previous experiment?

1 Like

What do you mean?