eLofty Direct Drive Discussions-read before buying

I like how the bottom is all black and top all orange. The rims have to be spray painted in clear orange coating.

I think carbon fiber will take away from the cuteness and warmth(yellow orange look)

1 Like

I tried this with ackmaniac`s firmware. At default it’s only 2500 sensorless erpm. The startup torque increased a little and the motor sound changed. I wasn’t sure if that is a good thing?
Changed it back for now since I didn’t got any cogging with the 100mm wheels. On stock firmware does the sound gets alternated too?

1 Like

Yeah the sound changes(slightly noisier) but my ESC and motor heat(I put thermocouples) both have gone down by 15 degrees. And of course I love the added torque.

All of this makes sense. Since the motor knows the magnets position more accurately, the stator can generate the magnetic field vector more accurately, thereby pushing the magnets more efficiently. So more of that energy does work instead of just being heat.

1 Like

Thanks for your findings, will give it a go again, motor temps down would be an awesome accomplishment!

2 Likes

You make a backpack ??? :heart_eyes: Tease me all you want!
I’m a real girl about that, it’s my daily handbag (got around 15 or 20 of them or more).
I design one yrs ago, still a mad prototype in my head, drawing, and 3D mod.
But one day, when I will have time ^^

3 Likes

12 Likes

same here :angry:

1 Like

how would akamaniacs firmware help with figuring rotor position and commutation timing? cant you get the same results and efficiency doing the testing on the bldc tool and running without it?

Green one is $35 free shipping. While I fail to understand this platform (short wheelbase with cutouts, where do you put your feet, pneumatics need power where do you put batteries), at this price I picked one up.

I’m thinking with @b264’s mini enclosure and maybe some lipos maybe I can get something done for cheap.

@topcloud thanks for the pics and link!

Oh sorry for the derail.

4 Likes

That looks like a cool deck

1 Like

What’s the enclosure on that aileron @topcloud? How good does it fit?

1 Like

9 Likes

Riddle me this https://youtu.be/EhaskYrlnCA

Never did this with the 97s on but with the TB110’s it does this also when riding and you jam on the power. Exactly the same settings as before.

Bat 45/-20
Motor 60/-60

But if I change the motor to 40/-60 it goes away. Well it almost goes away, occasionally there is a little ‘brrrrruuugggh’ for a split second before everything is normal.

Running dual focbox’s in FOC

Its learnt how to play drum and bass, leave it be :joy:

1 Like

A little Dillinja is always welcome. I really wish I got an fault code or something instead.

1 Like

Increase your sensorless erpm to 10000

1 Like

I just tried that and BOOM fixed it. Thanks!

it better not rain tomorrow

3 Likes

@rey8801

1 Like

I set it to 1000erpm as you said and then left for Canada :joy:. When I am back end of the week I will try it out. Anyhow I don’t have this problem with tb110mm it was only with 6inch wheels on hard accellaration.

1 Like

It should be 10000 not 1000(too low).

Same behavior for @Tonkatron too.